all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Fun training methods

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
There were words like "freestyle" and "circus" used, if memory serves, training on and off throughout the day, maybe in breaks between clients. I'm pretty sure, if there's a Level II manual around from back then - maybe I have - that this was discussed in the manual, too. Also discussed was what's now called a "flow", again if memory serves, and moving from one movement smoothly into another.

-S-
Steve,

The freestyle "strongman" style training—yes.

Moving through various lifts to lead to better skill/performance in a specific lift—like the bent press.

Steve,

The freestyle "strongman" style training—yes.

Moving through various lifts to lead to better skill/performance in a specific lift—like the bent press.
That seems like a great deal of fun. It makes sense to me, as lifts such as the bent press, Steinborn squat are pretty complex lifts that require several movements to achieve that assuming the starting position is a session of itself…

I remember when I wanted to squat at home and used Steinborn squats….just hoisting the barbell into the tilted position was a full body effort and yet, I still had lever onto my shoulders to do the actual lift.

I actually found that training with just a barbell, or kbell or bodyweight, seemed to inspire movement creativity more than having a fully equipped gym. I felt connected to the root of the sport, bridging the barbell into a floor press or doing a full Zercher lift.

Sometimes, less really is more.

There were words like "freestyle" and "circus" used, if memory serves, training on and off throughout the day, maybe in breaks between clients. I'm pretty sure, if there's a Level II manual around from back then - maybe I have - that this was discussed in the manual, too. Also discussed was what's now called a "flow", again if memory serves, and moving from one movement smoothly into another.

-S-
Speaking of circus and it strongman style lifts, I remember you posting a large list of lifts from a weightlifting organization (USAW??) on the forum somewhere. Can you send me the link to this thread?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom