all posts post new thread

Kettlebell G. Neupert Kettlebell Master-Plan Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Newmy_PDX

First Post
I’m following the program that Geoff Neupert wrote here: The 12-Week Muscle-Building Kettlebell Master-Plan | Bodybuilding.com

I’m in week 7 and after completing 4 sets of the presses at the prescribed % RM and 60-90 sec RI fatigue sets in. After set 4, sticking to the 60-90 sec RI, I cannot achieve the total % RM ie if 70% RM = 9 reps, I’m only able to achieve 6 with perfect form in set 5. I played with increasing the RI after set 4 and I could get closer to the % RM in the future sets. What is the guidance based on his program principles (he doesn’t say)?

A. Increase the duration of the rest internal to reach the % RM in each subsequent set?
B. When perfect form ends, stop the set and rest for the next set? Ex: sets 1-4 achieve 9 reps in each and sets 5-8 achieve 6 reps in each set with the prescribed RI.
C. At the point I can no longer reach the % RM in the set, end the workout completely?

Thanks-

I've never done that program. I think you could probably increase the rest interval(s) and keep using the same percentage and try to add a set or two each week with the shorter rests.

I'm not totally familiar with the program so I may not be answering correctly.

You could also try messaging Geoff directly or emailing him.

I haven’t done it either. I would say it would make sense to me to do what you can (do what reps you can, even if it’s fewer), and keep the rest periods the same. In my mind that maintains the muscle building stimulus... I could be wrong. :) Like John said, you could also email Geoff.

’m in week 7 and after completing 4 sets of the presses at the prescribed % RM and 60-90 sec RI fatigue sets in. After set 4, sticking to the 60-90 sec RI, I cannot achieve the total % RM ie if 70% RM = 9 reps, I’m only able to achieve 6 with perfect form in set 5. I played with increasing the RI after set 4 and I could get closer to the % RM in the future sets. What is the guidance based on his program principles (he doesn’t say)?
These are instructions directly from the article -

"In terms of rest, don't rush it. Use as much as you need."

"Your RM will drop due to fatigue as the sets progress. That's perfectly normal. Your first RM may also decrease between workouts. It does not mean you're getting weaker! It means there is fatigue in your system."

More importantly, follow your instincts. These types of programs are written for people who have a broad level of experience and different levels of the mental toughness required to grind through all the progressions. If you need to back off for a few days or bell down for a few weeks then do that and decrease your chances of injury.

Keep it going and update the thread with your progress!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom