all posts post new thread

Nutrition Geoff Neupert’s 24 Hour Diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
No messing around. Full on 24hr diet starts and Giant 1.0 to boot. My main meal will be beef, rice, and eggs. Maybe a protein shake to wash it down.

Hey @Geoff Neupert, anything you'd change about this plan if one works out in the morning? Just saw that your schedule has the workout shortly before dinner, so just curious how important the timing of that is (if at all). Thanks!

Switching from 3.0 to 1.0 I'm more hungrier than usual. Slipped and had a breakfast with a co worker. And I can't stand coconut coffee lol. I've been a black as death coffee guy for so long that any coffee condiments ruin coffee. Also, if your coffee isn't hot enough or you stir it enough the gelatin goops on the bottom of the thermos and is a real pain to clean.

Switching from 3.0 to 1.0 I'm more hungrier than usual. Slipped and had a breakfast with a co worker. And I can't stand coconut coffee lol. I've been a black as death coffee guy for so long that any coffee condiments ruin coffee. Also, if your coffee isn't hot enough or you stir it enough the gelatin goops on the bottom of the thermos and is a real pain to clean.
Bottle brushes are a lifesaver. I used to keep chili in a thermos for work lunches and it can be a pain to clean otherwise.

I am also starting a cycle of Giant 1.0 with 2x24kg.

I am just using coconut oil for the time being until I source some collagen.

So far so good.

Yup, higher volumes will do that to you.

These "first world problems" are "fun," aren't they? ;-)

I am a long time - looong time - Warrior Diet-er. Must be 20 years or close to that now.

After reading this, and not being familiar with @Geoff's diet that's being discussed here, I want to know one thing - does this mean I should eat Jello again? I mean, hey ...

OK, only kidding or half-kidding, but if Jello is good for me, I'm up for that. Here in our house, it's always been one of those foods we usually only make (from a box we buy in the grocery store) when someone needs easy-on-the-tummy food. I'll note that it's a food that comes in many flavors, but we refer to it by color more than by flavor.

Oh, my, I need some Jello for dessert tonight!

-S-

I am a long time - looong time - Warrior Diet-er. Must be 20 years or close to that now.

After reading this, and not being familiar with @Geoff's diet that's being discussed here, I want to know one thing - does this mean I should eat Jello again? I mean, hey ...

OK, only kidding or half-kidding, but if Jello is good for me, I'm up for that. Here in our house, it's always been one of those foods we usually only make (from a box we buy in the grocery store) when someone needs easy-on-the-tummy food. I'll note that it's a food that comes in many flavors, but we refer to it by color more than by flavor.

Oh, my, I need some Jello for dessert tonight!

-S-

Forty to fifty years ago back in the day, during the summer, green jello ( lime ) with sliced bananas suspended in it, along with grilled hamburgers, potato salad etc.

In my wife's family, to this day, fruit suspended in jello is called "salad," and is their idea of something other than meat and potatoes.

-S-

I've been doing this for about a week now and am enjoying it. I've done IF for years, most of it inadvertent since I've never been a breakfast eater and usually don't eat much after dinner. IF was fine, but I would always have problems meeting a calorie reduction limit during weight cuts because I'd be through almost half of my allotment by dinner time.

With the 24HD I have a couple of small snacks of fat and protein during the day (and am not all that hungry), have a huge dinner, and still have calories left to consume if I choose (I haven't been, because I'm full from dinner hours after). I'm not doing the coconut oil because I respect my coffee too much. Tried eating it alone, but wasn't feeling eat. I'd rather eat some cheese or a couple of hard-boiled eggs. Not sure what I'll do when I want to eat in a surplus - might be a problem. Anyway, the best part is that I don't really get tired in the evenings like I used to. Before, I'd be lethargic after getting home from work. Now I'm still mentally engaged well into the evening, which is welcome.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom