all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

I completed all 3 phases of Giant X today. I really like the Giant X program. All 3 phases have a slightly different focus. I really enjoyed the variety. The two rung ladders of Giant X3 were challenging in a good way. I felt like I was always lifting (after a short rest). X3 was fun

Giant X has made me stronger. I started the Giant X a week after completing all 3 phases of Strong! with 2x24k bells. Between Strong! and Giant X I have spent a little over a year with 2x24k bells. (I began Strong! on April 18, 2022.) It was a rewarding experience spending so much time with the same bells. On Giant X heavy days it helped me to push through those higher rep ladders when I focused on the fact that last year I had 5 ugly reps with the 2x24k bells when I started Strong.

I am traveling tomorrow. So my rep test will have to wait until next Friday. I will post those results next week.

Giant X Body Measurements:
55 year old/male

I am pleased with my results with my body comp after running all 3 phases of the Giant X. When I ran X1, my diet was terrible. I enjoyed the holidays and any other reason to overeat and have a few beers. I got my diet dialed in for X2 and get some really great results. For X3, my diet was ok. I had opportunities to overeat and drink some beers. (Spoiler alert--I enjoyed myself.)

End Giant X--4/28/23:
Weight: 230lbs (-12lbs since 11.14.22)
Neck: 17.55 inches (-.45 since 11.14.22)
Chest: 46.21 inches (-1.29 since 11.14.22)
Waist: 48.02 inches (-1.45 since 11.14.22)

Beginning X3--3/5/23:
Weight: 231 lbs
Neck: 17.17 inches
Chest: 45.80 inches
Waist: 47.57 inches

Beginning X2--1/8/23:
Weight: 248 lbs
Neck: 18.25 inches
Chest: 47.5 inches
Waist: 50 inches

Beginning X1--11/14/22:
Weight: 242 lbs
Neck: 18 inches
Chest 47.5 inches
Waist: 49.5 inches

I had my rep test today. I took a week off because I had some work related travel.

I used the 24k bells for Giant X. I did two attempts at my RPM with the 2x28k bells. I got 8 reps on the first attempt. I got 5 reps on the second attempt

I am a little disappointed I didn't get 10 reps with the 28k bells. I thought the week off would consolidate my gains and I'd be able to pop out 10+ reps. I really WANT the 28s to be my 10 RPM bells. I am not sure where I got the idea that I should test up a bell size to measure my RPM. I think where it began was when I was making rapid progress with the 2x24k bells in Strong. I thought the 28s were right around the corner for me.

I have to keep things in perspective. I have made consistent progress and I am getting stronger every month. When I look back at my training diary I am happy with my steady progress with the 28k bells. On 6/10/22, I got 2 reps at the end of Phase 1 Strong. On 9/30/22, I got 5 reps at the end of Phase 2 Strong. On 1/9/23, I got 9 reps at the end of X1. And on 3/5/23, I got 8 reps at the end of X2.

I think I need to do a program with the 28ks to get them to be my 10RPM. Sunday I start Kettlebell Burn Extreme with the 28k bells for the A Lifts and 24k bells for the B lifts.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Giant X. I am look forward to giving Maximorum a go when Geoff releases it to the public.

Any news on when the updated Giant will be released? Or have I missed it?
The trial finished four months ago now.
I'm interested to know whether all X variants will be included and/or replace previous parts.

Back
Top Bottom