all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

Xene

Level 5 Valued Member
I will start Maximorum in about a week and one question comes up. What would you consider strong legs (to choose the right option)?
I guess you will feel it after the first workouts - I decided not to opt in for strong legs and I am happy. The first day after the snatches & C+P/Sq I had some jelly legs. It‘s good to have an option for more volume if I feel that my legs outgrow my upper body.

Theo.jons

Level 2 Valued Member
I will start Maximorum in about a week and one question comes up. What would you consider strong legs (to choose the right option)?
I think it depends on your upper lower strength gap
i am starting today with 2x20 which is my 5 rep max for pressing but something way more for squats
looking at the plan i could go for the strong legs option
but i think i will go for the original version and focus more on pressing atleast for the first phase

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I looked at that option as well. I traditionally have been decent at squatting after years of barbell squats etc but I’m glad I didn’t take that option. In saying that I’m working this around BJJ so I really want to avoid any DOMS or feeling of fatigue that day after. Maybe on a second run of Maximorum I might “think about it”
Good luck in your training.

Dr. Matt Longfellow

Level 5 Valued Member
Certified Instructor

I chose to run the "strong" variation. When I tested, 28k was my 5RM for the DCP, but I got a pretty easy 10 on the DFS so I figured strong was the way to go. I just finished week 2 and it's definitely getting tough as the reps are climbing, but I'm feeling good and total reps have gone up each session so far.

Top Bottom