all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

This was in the mail I received:

"Q2) What are the schedule parameters: latest date to start the testing and so on. For me it would be great to start in January 2023. So I'll run my actual program to the end.

A: My desire is to have people start ASAP and get feedback by mid-January for 'THE GIANT X' and mid-February for Kettlebell MAXIMORUM - early March by the latest.

But I understand people are finishing up current programs. So I'm ok with a small trickle throughout Q1 and into Q2 as long as the bulk of the results are in.

Q3) I'm finishing up another program and can't start until December/ January. Will this work?

'THE GIANT X' programs are 8 weeks. If everything goes according to plan, I'll launch them by the end of Q1, so as long as you get your results to me by early March, we'll be fine."

If I read this correct, Geoff wants our results from the first Giant X Program we do. And we can choose ourselves if we do X1, X2 or X3.
Thanks!!

Signed up for maximorium. Did day 1 today. Looks like a killer program. I’m pretty close to 32kg as both 10rm for snatch and 5rm for double CP. Law school is really taking its toll on my strength. GN is about to get data from a 41 yo law student, I’ve really been letting fitness slide trying to keep up with the workload this will keep me focused.

Got a cross country road trip coming up in December, I’ll throw the KBs in the bed of the truck and be able to keep it going!

I'm braindead from reading 100's of pages of cases a week right now but I didn't see if it said in the maximorium instructions whether on the days with 2 exercises to do them as a chain or do 15 minutes of each? What seems reasonable to me is do 1rep CP then squat then put the bells down? Am I losing it?

Never mind, I just re-read the Q/A email, now I feel dumber.

Last edited:
I'm braindead from reading 100's of pages of cases a week right now but I didn't see if it said in the maximorium instructions whether on the days with 2 exercises to do them as a chain or do 15 minutes of each? What seems reasonable to me is do 1rep CP then squat then put the bells down? Am I losing it?

Never mind, I just re-read the Q/A email, now I feel dumber.
It sounds like you are a 1L. If so, the prelude to your 1st exams can be overwhelming. The time around Thanksgiving is especially intense as you balance school and family responsibilities.

Keep up with your studies and bang out Maximorium!

Law school is not forever. You will live. Your Kettlebells will help keep you sane. I played a bunch of guitar during law school to keep myself sane.

Message me if you are feeling lost or need some encouragement.

What seems reasonable to me is do 1rep CP then squat then put the bells down? Am I losing it?
If you think about it, once the reps increase, you will not be able to do this. So to keep it consistent I choose to do 1 rep of CP and then park, rest, clean and do front squat. if the same is expanded to higher reps, then one would most definitely part the bells .. if not initially, as the sets progress. The bonus of doing this is the added clean !!!

I just did my max tests for the MAXIMORUM.
I think it‘s hard to do a good RM test for the snatch. It is a huge difference to a press RM test. There is a moment you just can‘t press anymore and you are done. Snatches can be done much longer.. they get ugly but you can still snatch this bell. I decided to go until I felt like my technique starts to get just slightly worse and stopped.

How are you guys doing those tests?

After my max tests I did my first session today:

Week 1, Day 1: 20 rounds in 20 minutes (won‘t tell too much…) - low RPE, felt explosive and strong.

I’m not testing snatch until after week 6 ( going to take a deload week before phase 2) don’t want to be fatigued for BJJ. I have RM for press and squat from August so I’ll use those as a baseline..
I tested in August with 32.. 85 reps so needs work.. really like the layout of this program. Let’s see what happens in week 12..

It's amazing how much weaker I am in the morning than the afternoon. Did day 2 this morning made it through 23 minutes with my 32kg bells but I had to switch to push presses so I dropped to the 24kg bells and doubled the squats. It's 20 degrees outside and dang those bells were cold this morning, ceilings are too low to press inside unfortunately. Might move the bells inside so they're not freezing my hands at least.

It's amazing how much weaker I am in the morning than the afternoon. Did day 2 this morning made it through 23 minutes with my 32kg bells but I had to switch to push presses so I dropped to the 24kg bells and doubled the squats. It's 20 degrees outside and dang those bells were cold this morning, ceilings are too low to press inside unfortunately. Might move the bells inside so they're not freezing my hands at least.
When I lifted in a garage, I would keep my training kettlebell inside and carry it to the garage with me during the winter. At the time, though, I was training with a single KB.

Just thinking out loud here but the talk of C+P and FSQ together has made me realise that I’d love to see a continuation of DFW in a similar style to The Giant where you can take one set of bells through a few blocks with gradually increasing reps.
Might want to check out Easy Muscle. Schedule B is a Press and a Squat (basically C&P & FSQ).

Back
Top Bottom