all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

I tested my snatches today for Maximorum. I got 15 reps with each arm with 24kg and 10 reps each arm with 28kg. I could’ve eked out another few reps in each set, but I proved my point and didn’t push past solid reps. From recent experience, 32kg is too heavy for Maximorum.

Double 24s was my 5RM DC&P for Kettlebell STRONG about a month ago, so I don’t see a need to retest. The fifth rep was a real grind then. Should be fine now.

I don't know the protocol but tearing is largely a technique issue. Keep your hands loose to facilitate the bell "slipping" across the palm as the handle transitions from hooked fingers to base of hand. Overgripping or deathgripping the bell forces it to rotate against your skin, often causing tears. Wet hands from sweat don't help, so wiping them off or using a little chalk on the fingers helps.

I don't have experience with gymnastics grips, but cotton gardening gloves with the fingers cut off can also save your palms in the meantime.

Thanks bro, anatomically my palm is quite large with shorter fingers so that doesn't help. I suspected my hands would tear, its been a while since my last grippy training. Definitely chalked up after the first 7 minutes of snatches and tore around the last 5. When my grip stength improves the technique will improve at the bottom of the movement. Appreciate the feedback and reminder

Week 1 Maximorum completed today
Some Obs
-Forgot how gruelling CP and DFSQ can be. Auto Reg is key.. I have tampered with IF in the past but I need a breakfast on this program.
- No negative impact on BJJ in terms of energy thus far.
-Generally my squat is strong through years of barbell squats but I’m glad I didn’t take the option of the increased volume with the FSQ.
-Enjoying snatching 2 a week and like the way the reps are set out. This will get interesting come phase 2..
Hand care is key.
-RHR down to 52-
So far so good. Onwards to week 2..

Week 1 Maximorum done with the double squat option. After ripping the hands in day 1 i broke out my trusted victory grips and they did not let me down. Hands felt great and the nothing was lost in the grip training. If anything it augments it because the handle becomes a little thicker.

Tracking my HR throughout the program. With the C&P and C&FS generally when the hr came below 120 i was ready to go again. Towards the end of the workout i let myself push just a bit without sacrificing rep quality. Screenshot attached. Fun stuff!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-100017_myWorkouts.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-100017_myWorkouts.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28
d
Week 1 Maximorum done with the double squat option. After ripping the hands in day 1 i broke out my trusted victory grips and they did not let me down. Hands felt great and the nothing was lost in the grip training. If anything it augments it because the handle becomes a little thicker.

Tracking my HR throughout the program. With the C&P and C&FS generally when the hr came below 120 i was ready to go again. Towards the end of the workout i let myself push just a bit without sacrificing rep quality. Screenshot attached. Fun stuff
Damn it looks pretty taxing on the last 10 mins! Guess for me it will be taxing for 30 mins after christmas binge eating!

d

Damn it looks pretty taxing on the last 10 mins! Guess for me it will be taxing for 30 mins after christmas binge eating!
Yeah, it gets as picante as you wish to really. I have some conditioning and strength coming into this so while my HR shows the level of work being done my body never felt taxed, even at the end. That's the beauty of the self regulation bit! Should be a great way to shed all the extra egg nog and stuffimg!

Finished the first week of MAX. as well. Those 2 reps of C+P already set my body on fire. Right now I can‘t imagine to do multiple sets of 5…. Or even 6? The squats were just fine, but those 5RM presses were heavy. Managed to get 12 rounds of C+P and Squats.

The snatches were just fine. I took it very easy, it was almost like A+A training. Reps left… rest, shake out, walk around, right… repeat. 12 ladders done (6 per side) and one last double per side after this. Amazing stuff.

Day 1 of GIANT X. Loving it. Tough but not as daunting as Giant 1.0-1.2
Do you think you could slot straight I to X1 after the Giant 1.0? I'd like to not have to buy more bells to do X1, but I haven't checked where my RM is yet. 16kg was my 10 rm at the start of 1.0

Finished the first week of MAX. as well. Those 2 reps of C+P already set my body on fire. Right now I can‘t imagine to do multiple sets of 5…. Or even 6? The squats were just fine, but those 5RM presses were heavy.
I’m the opposite: FSQ is the hardest part. Have always struggled with them as I’m all arms and legs, I look like a praying mantis when I squat.

Not gonna lie, the higher reps I was hitting today on week 2 of the Giant X we’re kicking my a#@. So glad I chose the 24s to run this with. Looking ahead im not sure How many sets I’ll get week 4 when the reps get even higher. Lol we shall see.
Today was my Week 2 Heavy day. It was tough, but not impossible.

I am also running 24s for this program. My pride wanted to do this program with the 28s. As I have posted before, I was close to the RM to be able to use the 28s for Giant X. I am glad that my head told me to use the 24s.

I agree about looking at Week 4. I just keep telling myself to trust in Geoff, do the lifts, and I will be prepared for Week 4.

Keep kicking a#@ Gypsyplumber!!

Today was my Week 2 Heavy day. It was tough, but not impossible.

I am also running 24s for this program. My pride wanted to do this program with the 28s. As I have posted before, I was close to the RM to be able to use the 28s for Giant X. I am glad that my head told me to use the 24s.

I agree about looking at Week 4. I just keep telling myself to trust in Geoff, do the lifts, and I will be prepared for Week 4.

Keep kicking a#@ Gypsyplumber!!
It wasn’t impossible just not what my system had been used to. The past few months I was doing the Giant 3.0 mixed with some single kettlebell ladders. All lower reps, so this weeks heavy day was tough, I think the push press is tougher cardio wise, but makes the pressing more doable. Likely I’ll only get a few good sets in when I hit week 4. I’m gonna take plenty of time in between

You guys scare me. Today is my week 2 heavy day. I saw the reps and thought: "Damn, last weeks heavy day was hard and this is even harder." Curious to see how it goes tonight.

When it rains, it pours. Today was not a good day for me. Our son woke up at 5 am, where we usually get up at 6:20 am. Next we found out we had no hot running water, so I had to arrange a plumber. And at work it also was a stressfull day. And then I had the heavy session today. Was afraid I would not do so well after a day like that. But I did the session anyway.
Turns out it went better than expected. It was hard, but in the end I made 4 full ladders, making it in total 7 reps more than the heavy day last week. Sure am happy with that resultm
Nonetheless I'm happy the next session is the light day ;-).

Back
Top Bottom