all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

As an example of the 100 rep thing I mentioned previously. When I initially started the Giant Journey I actually had a goal in mind. I wanted to do a challenging 100 rep clean and press workout with my double 32s, specifically 10x10. I saw this in a Geoff Neupert email from like 2009 or 10 and said to myself, someday!

After 5 months of training the Giant Program (s) I accomplished this goal. I used 5 minutes rest between sets. An hour later I was wiped out! Had I shortened the rest periods too much I'd have never accomplished the 10x10 and would have petered out way earlier!

@Geoff Neupert yes it completely makes sense. Thank you and others for the advice here. Focusing on form, stability (my right shoulder is still working its way back from rotator cuff injury), rhythm, and nose breathing is helping. Right now I’m finishing week 3 and did 90 reps on heavy day so this sounds on target.

Great bunch of folks here. Thanks again for helping out a noob!

Just finished Giant X1 week 4, heavy day. Did 3 1/3 ladders. It deserves the name: Heavy day!
When I started X1 I got 9 reps with 2x20, so I must say I'm happy with the work I did today.
Curious what my rm will be after 8 weeks, but it feels like I'm making good progress.

Week 4 completed. Definitely tightening up. This program obviously has a lot of core.
Picked up heavy flu/virus on Friday and it’s floored me. No appetite, very little energy.. if energy picks up will complete light sets of The Tension Day | StrongFirst
Will probably have to run week 4 again.
Wanted to complete first phase before Xmas but hey ho…

G’day @Geoff Neupert.

I am going through giant X1 at the moment with 2x24kg bells which was my 10 rep max. Currently in week 4 and having awesome results. However just did week 4 heavy day and could not get through the prescribed reps after two sets. I have been getting total reps around 100 previous to this. Higher reps are definitely a weakness with my forearms pumped and my grip giving out today. So my question, is it worth repeating week 4 again or continue on as planned with the expectation that on the higher rep heavy days the work I complete will be significantly reduced ?

Thanks for the awesome work by the way. I look forward to reporting the final results at the end of the program.

G’day @Geoff Neupert.

I am going through giant X1 at the moment with 2x24kg bells which was my 10 rep max. Currently in week 4 and having awesome results. However just did week 4 heavy day and could not get through the prescribed reps after two sets. I have been getting total reps around 100 previous to this. Higher reps are definitely a weakness with my forearms pumped and my grip giving out today. So my question, is it worth repeating week 4 again or continue on as planned with the expectation that on the higher rep heavy days the work I complete will be significantly reduced ?

Thanks for the awesome work by the way. I look forward to reporting the final results at the end of the program.
@drapes11,

Not a problem.

Just remember, higher rep sets require more rest between them, because they require more effort than lower rep sets.

No need to repeat week 4 - just carry on with the program as written.

Thanks for checking in.

Back
Top Bottom