all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert asks for beta testers for THE GiANT X and KETTLEBELL MAXIMORUM

Finished-sort of Giant X. Need to redo week 8 because i got sick and missed day 3, but the results are still solid enough for me to share.

I finally understand regulation in rest. I am sure it can be confirmed through body tracking metrics (e.g., HR) but i don't care to.

2x 12kb. Had a shoulder injury so i'm starting over light, and a bit new to programming. I got the flu in there somewhere and skipped a week, and then got sick my last day of week 8 so i'll do it over. You can see the results though.

Thanks to all of you for your advice in how to do this!

View attachment 20504
Watch out - you shared the whole program!

Finished-sort of Giant X. Need to redo week 8 because i got sick and missed day 3, but the results are still solid enough for me to share.

I finally understand regulation in rest. I am sure it can be confirmed through body tracking metrics (e.g., HR) but i don't care to.

2x 12kb. Had a shoulder injury so i'm starting over light, and a bit new to programming. I got the flu in there somewhere and skipped a week, and then got sick my last day of week 8 so i'll do it over. You can see the results though.

Thanks to all of you for your advice in how to do this!

(deleted attached image)

what's the best way to share results (start / end) w/o sharing the overall program?
Probably a before and after RM with the 2x12kg, and any body measurements you'd care to share?

Okay here is my report on GIANT X (block 1) 8 weeks. I am a 45 yo Dad with 2 kids and a full time job as a personal trainer.

I had done GIANT 1,2,1.1 and then took a deload with 2x24kg bells. (tested 2x28kg after and got 5 reps) Did some Iron Cardio with a single 28kg bell for a few weeks.

Then I jumped on GIANTX going back to 2x24kg. I do 20 min sets 3x a week on my off days from BJJ with Sunday as a total rest day.

It was a good time other than a few heavy days (week 8 especially!)
The sessions were tough but doable and only 1 time did a just gas out probably due more to hard training at BJJ.

Overall I felt it was a great program and it enhanced my martial arts training.
Right after I finished I got a terrible chest cold with a cough. I was on a deload anyway but this cold lingered.

I finally felt a lot better this past week. Took out the 2x24kg and got 14 (+4 from previous test) and got a 2x28kg x7 reps.

That being said here is another anecdote. More than one person at my BJJ and the Strength Gym I work at have said....

"Hey are you losing weight?"
"Wow your shoulders and arms look great, what are you doing?!"
"Damn you are strong!" (this is at BJJ mostly..)

I did not change my diet at all during this period. It was also a bit during the winter holidays!
So overall GIANTX is a win! Fun variation with some variety in the loading over the Giant 1.0

Nowjumping on some 2x28kg with Giant 3.0 for the next month.

I really like the Giant X program. I have now run both X1 and X2 with 2x24k bells. I really enjoyed X2. The Double Push Press and the See Saw Press were some nice variety for me. Especially since I started the Giant X a week after completing all 3 phases of Strong! with 2x24k bells.

I got better about auto-regulation during X2. I feel like I have a better understanding of how to do it effectively.

I plan to begin X3 tomorrow with 2x24k bells. At the end of X3, I will have spent a little over a year with 2x24k bells. This is significant because until last year, I had no desire to ever attempt a doubles program. After I complete X3, I plan to run Kettle Burn Extreme again so I can continue to lean out.

Here are my results from Giant X to date:
I am a 55 year old male. 30 minute sets. Bells: 2x24k

End of X2 Rep Max Test--3/5/23:
2x28k: 8 Reps

I am a disappointed with this Rep Max. I expected to get a least 10 reps with the 28k bells. I am not sure why I failed to equal my rep test from the end of X1. I think one factor was my stance was too narrow and I had bell hits during the hinge portion of the DC&P. I think that the controlling of the bells caused me to spend some energy that would have gone into the press. I have also had a head cold this week. So I am not 100%. Though, I have to keep things in perspective. I am getting stronger with each session. Before starting The Giant X I would not have been able to get 8 reps with the 2x28k bells.

End of X1 Rep Max Test--1/8/23:
Rep Max Test:

2x28k: 9 Reps
2x32k: 1.5 Rep
2x24k: 12 Reps

Giant X Body Measurements:
I am VERY pleased with my results with my body comp after running two phases of The Giant X. When I ran X1, my diet was terrible. I enjoyed the holidays and any other reason to overeat and have a few beers. I got my diet dialed in for X2 and get some really great results.

Beginning X3--3/5/23:
Weight: 231 lbs (-17 lbs since 1.8.23 & -11 lbs since 11.14.22)
Neck: 17.17 (-1.8 since 1.8.23 & .83 since 11.14.22)
Chest: 45.80 (-1.7 since 1.8.23 & 11.14.22 chest was the same for both measurements)
Waist: 47.57 (-2.43 since 1.8.23 & -1.93 since 11.14.22)

Beginning X2--1/8/23:
Weight: 248 lbs (+6 lbs)
Neck: 18.25 (+.25)
Chest: 47.5 (no change)
Waist: 50 (+.5)

Beginning X1--11/14/22:
Weight: 242 lbs
Neck: 18
Chest 47.5
Waist: 49.5

On to X3!

Just started Giant X2.

It's been about 9 months since I last did any volume of double KB work.

Strength, power (weightlifting) and aerobic conditioning (rowing) were fine.

But oh that wide stance!

My glute med and adductors are already feeling it...
I think you will really like X2.

You mention the stance. I am curious to know what size bells you are using.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Finished week 8 day 3 today of X1 with 2x16kg. I always find it interesting to add things up. 65 tons lifted in 8 weeks, week 1 is lower as they were 25 minute sessions.

Screenshot_20230320_122330_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

End result: my arms, especially triceps are rock hard, I haven't put on much in the way of mass due to not eating enough in the back half of the program, but my shirts are definitely tighter.

WTH effects: 32kg TGU feels "much easier" as in it doesn't feel like I'm going to drop the bell by bending at the elbow (stronger triceps), my grip and clean technique have both improved considerably as well.

Thanks once again to Uncle Geoff, for looking after us!

Dumb X2 question:

When doing the see saw press, does the clean go between each side or after completing each side?

i.e.

press left, clean, press right, clean

or

press left, press right, clean

Dumb X2 question:

When doing the see saw press, does the clean go between each side or after completing each side?

i.e.

press left, clean, press right, clean

or

press left, press right, clean

It has a clean between each lift: Clean, lift left, lift right. (1) Clean, lift left, lift right. (2) etc.

This is not a dumb question. I had never heard of the see saw press before The Giant X. I googled the lift. The example I found had a single clean and the demonstrator did all of the lifts for the ladder and then put the bell down. It was crazy. I did my lifts that way for the first 3 weeks before I realized that something was wrong. I was putting up crazy amounts of reps doing the single clean.

The way I use the terms:

Press, rack on one side, then press, rack on the other side is called an alternating press. Both bells are in the rack at the same time.

OTOH, making them move like a see-saw, where one goes up as the other goes down, is a see-saw press. Both have value, of course, but I love the see-saw press as it feels like active mobility work in a way that other presses don't. Done this way, there is no time other than after the initial clean when both bells are in the rack at the same time.

In neither (again, as I use these terms) is the move a clean-and-press, it's just clean the bells once and press after that. But cleans can also be done by themselves, and again I love the one-goes-up-as-the-the-other-goes down version, and for the same reasons.

-S-

Both have value, of course, but I love the see-saw press as it feels like active mobility work in a way that other presses don't. Done this way, there is no time other than after the initial clean when both bells are in the rack at the same time.

I love the way you phrased the idea of the see saw press being "active mobility."

Before you wrote that, I was looking for words to describe what I liked about the see saw press. It's a great description of the value of the lift.

Just an update, I’m never really worry about weight anymore but I weighed in before starting the Giant X in the fall. I was 173lbs after running the Giant X with 24s and Easy muscle (with 28s) back to back I just weighed in at 178lbs. And at first I was thinking “how did I gain weight when I’ve been eating clean and training” then I realized I likely gained muscle which further proves these programs work. Thinking of doing the Giant 3.0 with 28s with clean and
Press, clean and push press and seasaw press… and adding one day of chin ups and ring dips.

Back
Top Bottom