all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Geoff Neupert P3 protocol

I have sat on the free version of this in my email for the past few weeks and finally got around to watching the videos. I started doing the free phase 1 program about a week ago and my golfers elbow is virtually gone (I'm tempted to test it out with some chin ups but I'm enjoying being pain free too much). I was extremely sceptical as nothing I have done seems in any way related to elbow pain but it's working. I just wanted to throw out my experience so far with the program and say a thanks to @Geoff Neupert for all his awesome programs!

I have sat on the free version of this in my email for the past few weeks and finally got around to watching the videos. I started doing the free phase 1 program about a week ago and my golfers elbow is virtually gone (I'm tempted to test it out with some chin ups but I'm enjoying being pain free too much). I was extremely sceptical as nothing I have done seems in any way related to elbow pain but it's working. I just wanted to throw out my experience so far with the program and say a thanks to @Geoff Neupert for all his awesome programs!
This is great to hear!

Excellent job, @ChiBill.

I’m almost 1 month in and I haven’t been as disciplined as I would like with it. I’ve been doing it 4-6 days a week and I haven’t worked all the way up on the dead bug reps or the head movements. That being said, I have had constant left hip tightness from sitting, I would do hours of yoga a week and “couch stretches” along with foam rolling and lacross ball releases. I haven’t done anything other than P3 and I feel much less tension than when I was stretching like crazy. Hoping to see more improvement as I progress to the next phases.

@Geoff Neupert I have a quick question. It can be hard to find an uninterrupted 20-30 minutes 6 days a week, would we be diminishing any the program's benefits by breaking it up throughout the day? Like doing the supine sequence in the morning, side later, and prone maybe before bed? Sorry if this had been answered already and I missed it.

I’m almost 1 month in and I haven’t been as disciplined as I would like with it. I’ve been doing it 4-6 days a week and I haven’t worked all the way up on the dead bug reps or the head movements. That being said, I have had constant left hip tightness from sitting, I would do hours of yoga a week and “couch stretches” along with foam rolling and lacross ball releases. I haven’t done anything other than P3 and I feel much less tension than when I was stretching like crazy. Hoping to see more improvement as I progress to the next phases.
Awesome to hear, @Gypsyplumber!

Keep up the good work.

@Geoff Neupert I have a quick question. It can be hard to find an uninterrupted 20-30 minutes 6 days a week, would we be diminishing any the program's benefits by breaking it up throughout the day? Like doing the supine sequence in the morning, side later, and prone maybe before bed? Sorry if this had been answered already and I missed it.
Great question.

That's perfectly fine.

Getting it done is the most important part.

For anyone on the fence about purchasing this program:

I’m a 53 yo overweight man with a sedentary sales job. I have a torn ACL in my left knee from an old American football injury. I also have an issue in my “good knee” from a hiking injury from a couple of years ago. Additionally, I have shoulder issues from over training for a 1 mile open water swim this past summer.

I started the P3 protocol 3 weeks ago with the free version and immediately felt looser and smoother in the squat test. Purchased the program and progressed to Phase 1 Level 3 in 3 weeks.

Last weekend while doing yard work I was able to go up and down the ladder leading with both legs. Usually, I would step up each rung with my right leg first with my left leg following. I never trusted putting all of my body weight on my left knee before.

And after doing Level 3 Side Lying position this week, just last night I was able to sleep through the night without shoulder aches waking me up.

So far so good! Looking forward to the reminder of P3.

Thanks Geoff!
@musicsherlock,

Thanks for your honest review.

And congrats on your results so far.

Looking forward to seeing how you feel and perform when you're done with the program.

Hello, I'm really enjoying this program and I'm looking forward to the next Phase.

Which brings me to a quick question, for those of you who purchased the program approximately 30 days ago. Did the Phase 2 unlock for you?
I also dig it. Started with the freebie 5 weeks ago, purchased 13 days ago, figure I qualify. :)
What say you @Geoff Neupert ?

I've started the program on September 25th. Trying to do it before bed, I'm pretty consistant.
I'm an IT guy, so I sit all day. I have some small pains here & there. So far, I feel more loose. A pain in the elbow is disappearing. Like @ChiBill , I don't see how the drills are related to the elbows, but I'll take it. "WTH effect" :)
Thank you Courtney & Geoff.
Special shoutout to the quality of SJS. The videos & pdf are very well made.

I've started the program on September 25th. Trying to do it before bed, I'm pretty consistant.
I'm an IT guy, so I sit all day. I have some small pains here & there. So far, I feel more loose. A pain in the elbow is disappearing. Like @ChiBill , I don't see how the drills are related to the elbows, but I'll take it. "WTH effect" :)
Thank you Courtney & Geoff.
Special shoutout to the quality of SJS. The videos & pdf are very well made.
Glad to hear, @Matt_lux.

And thank you for your feedback.

How often do you guys do the "Test/Re-test"?
I did it multiple times daily - each time I visited the drills - for the first couple of weeks.

Probably out of curiosity.

I wasn't paying attention more recently - but I think the past couple of weeks, I did it once this week - and once last week.

So I’m still focusing on level 1 but level 2 unlocked and I gave the sitting exercises a try. Man was I shocked at how much I had to work my core to keep my back straight in the sitting positions without rounding the back or dropping the head forward. It really worked my core. Am I really this week or have I really let my posture slip over the years? I mean it felt like I was doing a plank holding my posture for that long.

So with phase 2 are we supposed to hit all of the levels for all the different positions at once? And are we supposed to continue doing any of the movements from phase 1? @Geoff Neupert

And as odd as it might seem the first step was more challenging than the last one for me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom