all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Geoff Neupert P3 protocol

That is one reason I like this forum. Especially if you are not in the fitness industry, military, athletics, work out at home, or older, other people can't understand why you would do that to yourself!
for real. I remember being at my old gym using their super uncomfortable kettlebells that had extremely short handles and we’re mostly used for door props. I would be doing Turkish getups and people would just look at me like a zoo animal

for real. I remember being at my old gym using their super uncomfortable kettlebells that had extremely short handles and we’re mostly used for door props. I would be doing Turkish getups and people would just look at me like a zoo animal

Or when people are doing a light, slow motion, squatty swing /front delt raise and you start busting out proper hardstyle swings.

Yes. Be thankful I didn't put in 5x30, which is what I worked up to. ;-)

Given time constraints and efficiency, at what point do you think there are diminishing returns in DB volume and reps when there are other exercises you could do? 100? For example, I read a book by Chad Waterbury who said that for hypertrophy, a rep of 30 was the point of diminishing returns for assistance exercises with smaller muscles where beyond that the stimulus was too light. Five is a well known number for strength. etc.

I went to a commercial gym for the first time in years last week.

It wasn’t until I got down to warm up (OS) that I realised most things I do to workout look ridiculous now. Breathing, nodding, rolling and dead bugs, then proceeded to hang from a pull up bar to some strange looks, then waiter walked a KB around the gym before getting into some KB front squats.

Last edited:
I’ve stumped up for the full course now as, due to work, I will have some days without my kettlebells and decided I want to really dial in the restoration work rather than hitting random OS resets.

Looking forward to the next phase unlocking - I also love the fact it doesn’t just let you skip to the end immediately which I think is the number one cause for injury/lack of results in programs (too much, too fast)

Last edited:
Just spending my time slowly building up the side facing part of phase 1. Agree that it is a feature and not a bug to be forced to go slowly, especially as I can’t fit it in every day. Enjoying the journey.

I figure that it will be more like stretching or posture adjustment than weight training where it will take more time to see results.

Right now things are simple because all I’m doing is supine to introduce things slowly, but a few questions for when I progress that someone else may be able to point me to in the PDF/somewhere:
  • Do I wait until I get to level 3 position of supine before introducing side lying? Or should I be running all the phase 1 level 1 positions now?
  • Do I wait until I get to the rep goal of the supine locomotion before introducing side lying locomotion?
  • Same questions for side lying to prone (and beyond).
  • If I’m doing two-three positions in a day do I split the reps between them or just stack the reps on top of each other?
I quite like the “once I’ve done X I can do Y” aspect of progressing within supine from level 1 to level 2 to level 3, but beyond that I’m not clear on how to progress position to position. Just want to make sure I get the most out of the program I can when I get to that stage.

(If anyone has answers that require details of the program feel free to PM me too).

Right now things are simple because all I’m doing is supine to introduce things slowly, but a few questions for when I progress that someone else may be able to point me to in the PDF/somewhere:
  • Do I wait until I get to level 3 position of supine before introducing side lying? Or should I be running all the phase 1 level 1 positions now?
  • Do I wait until I get to the rep goal of the supine locomotion before introducing side lying locomotion?
  • If I’m doing two-three positions in a day do I split the reps between them or just stack the reps on top of each other?
I quite like the “once I’ve done X I can do Y” aspect of progressing within supine from level 1 to level 2 to level 3, but beyond that I’m not clear on how to progress position to position. Just want to make sure I get the most out of the program I can when I get to that stage.

(If anyone has answers that require details of the program feel free to PM me too).
I would ask Geoff.
I went 1-2-3, all levels all moves. Currently running 1-6, all. And will sometimes run all the neck stuff first, then all power/locomotion 1-6.
Takes me about 20 mins.

I do all breaths, nods, and movement in each of the 3 positions (In your case: supine then side lying then prone) however, I may be at a different level in each position. So, right now I do Sitting level 3; Quadruped level 2; and Lunge level 1.
When I first started Phase 1 I did 10 breaths, nods, and movement for the first couple of days, quickly progressed to 15 each, and by the end of the first week was up to 20-25 each. I then went up a level and progressed at a pace of 1 level of all positions per week.
Phase 2 requires much more patience for me as I have tight hamstrings (holding up my sitting progression) and tight hips ( holding up my lunge progression.

I figure that it will be more like stretching or posture adjustment than weight training where it will take more time to see results.
My experience has been that if one of the positions helps, it’s immediately noticeable. As in you test a movement (I use goblet squat) and in some cases I’ll gain 6 or more inches of movement after doing the exercise. That’s not to say some positions aren’t taking longer to progress or that it doesn’t take time. Just that I’ve found progress to be immediate in many cases, which is super gratifying.

Will post my thoughts in a few months but after about 6 weeks, this program has been shockingly effective for me. I am hopeful/optimistic that progress will continue and the issues I’ve been working on for a long time (sore back, poor mobility) will finally be resolved. So far I’ve seen significant improvement in mobility and some improvement in back.

Note - I’m still mostly on Phase 1 as I really struggled with the dead bugs (kept having to regress to get muscles to fire properly) and couldn’t do prone until this week as it locked up my back. Added two Phase 2 exercises, under Geoff’s guidance, as they helped me immediately (I ponied up for the Deep Dive sessions with Geoff and they have been super helpful).

As others have responded, the program is intended to have you do all three Phase 1 exercises in a session, though you don’t have to if you are time limited. They are meant to build on each other. Definitely don’t wait till you get to phase 3 of supine.

Include locomotion for each exercise.

Do full reps for each one, as best you can. They may not all progress at same pace, and that’s fine.

Team -
I'm about to sign up for the program, but the one thing that kind of scares me... it seems really complicated to follow : phase X, level Y, etc...

Would someone kindly set me straight about the program complexity? I'm a very simple minded person...

Back
Top Bottom