all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert "THE GIANT" ??

I like autoregulation. I finished Strong in 2015 using two 80 pounders and was able to get all the high volume day's worksets done with two minutes or less rest in between sets. I was a bit heavier and 7 years younger. This year, at 57, I was able to finish the work sets but I needed more time between sets. I needed some autoregulation.

Here's what I learned: I'd rather take 'longer' than I need (which still is within reason for a workout)...it keeps my form in check avoiding injury and made some of these sessions more "recoverable"! Density may suffer a little bit but the overall quality of the reps increases and after several sets you still feel worked but not destroyed .... and the results were just as good in my mind.

Just my opinion, everyone's mileage is different!

I'm only 36 but I wonder if almost 20 years of blue collar work has got my body to this stage already.
Ask me again after 3 cycles of the giant 3.0 back to back.
I didn't get much success with it last time but have cut the work time to 20 mins & am trying to do "enough" not really pushing it trying to beat anything.
Form & ease are my watchwords this cycle

I switched to Strong after Giant 3.0. I gave myself biceps tendinitis because I was focussed more on beating last weeks reps. Well, maybe, it was by far the most pressing volume I’ve ever done in a month, so could’ve just been that too.

I can still auto regulate with Strong, but it just means I start the next set with less rest time, not adding more reps. For me, this works much better.

Both of them are freaking awesome

Well, this was the last week of Giant 2, had some good training momentum going after doing 3 & 1, then this week my schedule goes to almost 16 hour days. Hate to do it but I can’t work out after that and an hour drive each way.

I’ll jump back on it on Thursday and then again on Saturday, skipping one day.
Sometimes that’s just the way it is. Just do what you can do and don’t sweat it. You’ll be back when you can.
Until then keep doing those punching-the-clock-workouts and stay in the game.

Anyone run this program twice a week, so it extends out to 6 weeks? Or maybe just 2-3 times a week depending on how you feel? I do boxing too so I like to take long blocks of twice a week only training for recovery purposes.

Anyone run this program twice a week, so it extends out to 6 weeks? Or maybe just 2-3 times a week depending on how you feel? I do boxing too so I like to take long blocks of twice a week only training for recovery purposes.
I have run it in as part of an A/B schedule, so it gets done 3x in 2 weeks. Worked fine.

Just curious if anyone has tried using Geoff's Barbell Bolt On with the Giant? He programmed BB Bolt On to be done in conjunction with MKM, which is a series of acid bath programs. Seems if it would pair well with that it would pair well with the Giant. Anyway, just curious if anyone has tried it and if so, what were the results.
Just bought the Barbell Bolt On and Bodyweight Bolt On products.
I wasn't expecting the variety and progression variety covered in these two products.
I don't think the names do them justice however I acknowledge the naming approach makes perfect sense.
To me the Barbell Bolt On covers various barbell progressions with the KB Hard bolted on.
Not what I was expecting :)

A
Just bought the Barbell Bolt On and Bodyweight Bolt On products.
I wasn't expecting the variety and progression variety covered in these two products.
I don't think the names do them justice however I acknowledge the naming approach makes perfect sense.
To me the Barbell Bolt On covers various barbell progressions with the KB Hard bolted on.
Not what I was expecting :)
Can you do the Barbell Bolt On without a squat rack and a bench?

Back
Top Bottom