all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Geoff Neupert's Long Cycle (of Death)?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

J Cox

Level 6 Valued Member
Really trying to work on getting into clean and jerks, primarily with a single kettlebell right now. I am looking for GPP.

I have looked at Hec G's programs for doubles, but I want to keep it to single bell. I know there's also a program Jon Engum put on here for martial conditioning. The one program I saw that really jumped out at me was Geoff Neupert's Long Cycle (of Death) for a single bell. This intrigued me because of the minimalism and that it would be just long enough to make me feel like I did some work but short enough that my toddler and wife aren't wondering if I'm just ignoring them.

I know the reps are exactly like King Size Killer, but just wanted to see what other people have experienced with this program since there doesn't seem to be much out there on it.

Any takers on sharing?

If you like the looks of long cycle of death I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, and yes go lighter than you think.

also if you see a doubles program you like it’s most likely ok to run with 1 bell. In hec gs paid version it gives instructions to run with only 1 bell if your more comfortable with that

Thanks, @John Grahill and @Provx . I kind of wondered about the lighter-than-you-think thing. I jerked my 40kg and thought the 32kg would be the one I choose to tackle this, but I'm thinking the 28kg would be a good first-run KB to ensure I don't compromise myself chasing volume.

The thing I liked about @Hector G and Geoff Neupert's programs I've seen is the see-how-many-you-can-do-in-this-time scheme with varying sets/straight reps to wave the load. Can't thank either of them enough for really giving me something truly in line with where I want to go with this.

any first cycle in a Neupert program, always go lighter than you think
Well, first session is in the books and my ego is in check. Did one ladder with the 32 and dropped to the 28kg the rest of the way. Woof! Definitely using the 28 for this run. It is all but so much more than expected.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom