all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed George Hackenschmidt's workout

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Wolv3rus

Level 3 Valued Member
I recently finished "The Way To Live" and man, what a read! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend you pick it up.

One thing I don't really grasp yet is the workouts prescribed in there, though.
In the book he outlines the "best training method", prescribes daily, twice a day, for all muscles, followed by exercise series for the neck, shoulders, chest, back, arms and legs.
The series go from 3-6 exercises and he advises to do 5 reps with your 10RM weight, increasing by 1 weekly. When you reach 10 reps, increase the weight as described and start afresh from 5.
He doesn't mention any set numbers so I guess it's just one set at a time? Doing the whole workout for 1 Set takes me about 20 minutes.

Now to my question: is this the correct way to follow this training style or am I missing something? 1-2 sets, 3-6 days a week?
bonus question: if the above answer is yes, could you pair it with something like S&S? say MO, WED, FRI S&S and TUE, THU, SAT Hackenschmidt's training?

Thanks!

Whenever I read the old timey guys, I feel like what they describe is more directional than proscriptive.

And they seemed to intuitively have a sense of auto-regulation -- do more when you're feeling up to it, do less when not.
They dont have the www to tell them to do different things that they allready did.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom