all posts post new thread

Nutrition Georgie Fear

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Has anyone else read Georgie Fear's material? I was introduced to her through a Strength Matters podcast and I bought her L habits book. I liked J Hillis work and G Fear's habit based coaching is similar. Halfway through the book and it is great, very practical and realistic for anyone with a hectic work and family life...

I've read it and am trying to apply the first couple of habits - too early to say whether I am feeling much benefit.

I agree the book is v. practical, my only slight grumble is it is written in a very chirpy positive style. As a grumpy old sod I find it a bit grating. Content is solid though.

I am working on Habit #3 at the moment after hearing about her from an Anna C. post on this website. It's too early to give an evaluation but after a lifetime of struggling with weight I am convinced that my problem is rooted in my thinking and my habits, not my lack of knowledge about nutrition.

In other words, we aren't fat because we're stupid, but because of the broken patterns of thought we being to eating.

I quite enjoyed her podcast with Iardella. I haven't read her work, but habits-based nutrition has worked great for me.

Georgie and Josh Hillis have teamed up now to deliver group coaching in conjunction. Both are very similar in their approach so should be good.

I have :) I was in her private coaching group for a year and a half and keep up with her through Facebook and Podcasts. She was also coaching with Precision Nutrition when I was part of their year-long program. I didn't know about Josh until he published his book.

The one habit in Josh's system that I thought really brought the habit-approach full-circle was keeping the calorie total in mind and adjusting it down over time if need be. Georgie has a take on PN's eating until 80% full. Her approach was/is to eat until satisfied. I struggled with that and don't think it's a good fit for me. I like having that number to consider when things are working. Even if it isn't super accurate, it's accurate relative to what I was eating before. I love the idea that we'll develop hunger cues that guide us, but it didn't happen for me and I'd go weeks and weeks and weeks without losing a pound, tuning into whether or not I was satisfied.

In terms of an authoritative knowledge though, she makes all the bloggers turned nutrition experts, or, sorry, "scientists," look like bloggers. And her heart is incredible.

Yes big similarities between her and Josh, Fat loss starts on a Monday is great. I like the habits based approach, works well for me. I have tried the cal tracking and when I was using Wendler 531 I was trying to follow macros to the letter. With young kids and a hectic lifestyle that s very hard to maintain. The workout part is no problem and like most people who populate this forum most of us enjoy the workout. Habit based nutrition suits my lifestyle and I found G Fear's book to be one of the best I've read..

I'm glad that you found it and that the approach is really working for you. That's what it's all about. I learned so much through her coaching program and developed some important friendships. Have you seen her cookbook? You might really enjoy it. Tonight I came home to the turkey burgers, and let me tell you...

Must look up that cookbook James, listened to a podcast with her on Rdella, seems a great person very knowledgeable and has walked the walk so to speak..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom