Get Resilient - StrongFirst RESILIENT!

Discussion in 'Kettlebell' started by Pavel Macek, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Pavel Macek

Pavel Macek More than 2500 posts Master Certified Instructor

They complement each other - Flexible Steel and its various drills are mentioned in the manual quite often. Both are based on Pavel's teaching. As for bundle project, Flexible Steel is 1 day event, Resilient 1,5 day - I am not sure if folks would come for 2,5 (=3) days.

Napoléon likes this.
  2. mikhael

mikhael Quadruple-Digit Post Count

@Pavel Macek I like this exercise. When I first time read about neck exercises it was in the Dinosaur Bodyweight Training by Brooks Kubik, and I incorporated them into my training immediately. The Rolling Neck Bridge is like the next step after mastering Wrestler and Front Bridge.

Pavel Macek likes this.
  3. Pavel Macek

I personally love all kinds of bridges (and teach them at Resilient) - but conventional Wrestler's Bridges are not for everyone. Rolling Neck Bridge (and its easier variations, such as wall version) - for everybody.

4. mikhael

mikhael Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Wrestler's Bridge are OK for me. I even added Rockers two or sometimes three times a week. I'm considering to combine Rolling with the mentioned exercises.
    Nonetheless, thank you for Resilient.

Pavel Macek likes this.
  5. jef

jef I am a student of strength. Certified Instructor

I would.

Pavel Macek likes this.
  6. Pavel Macek

Alright! I will talk to Jon - he was kind to invite me to teach SFB Bodyweight Cert in Taiwan.

jef and Adam R Mundorf like this.
  7. Adam R Mundorf

Adam R Mundorf More than 500 posts

I originally meant like a book bundle. The combined seminar sounds like a great idea as well.

Tim Randolph likes this.
  8. Pavel Macek

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual:⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣“Elevating the feet will help to emphasize hip extension, thoracic extension and shoulder flexion.⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣Coach Sommer ranks the elevated bridge as one of the top 3 exercises for joint health and mobility. The other 2 are a Jefferson Curl (please see the J-curl section of the manual) and a shoulder extension (that we have covered in the German hang in the Hanging Series of the manual).“⁣
    ⁣⁣⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst ⁣⁣

mikhael, Steve Freides and SFSparky like this.
  9. Pavel Macek

As for Flexible Steel, there is already a book.

As for StrongFirst RESILIENT, no book is planned for time being. Of course, all participants of the course receive over 100 pages manual with detailed step by step explanation of all exercises, additional articles, programming, resilient lifestyle tips, and - photos of all drills!

Adam R Mundorf likes this.
  10. Pavel Macek

+++.jpg

Nope, not a dancing lesson: StrongFirst RESILIENT Hack squat drill.

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual:⁣⁣

„Keep the spine vertical—like being suspended from the top— thinking of being pulled up helps with maintaining the vertical alignment of the torso. Instead of squatting down, focus on separating the knees to the sides. Make space in your hips—try to pull the hips out of the sockets, separate the thigh bones from the pelvis. Imagine your knees are two ends of the rope, with 2 persons pulling the rope the side. Use strength to get into the bottom position. Knees track the toes.“⁣

⁣⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst

Steve Freides and mikhael like this.
  11. Pavel Macek

Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch with a Kettlebell Overhead⁣

⁣⁣
    ⁣From the StrongFirst RESILIENT manual: ⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣„…hold a kettlebell overhead (e.g. right foot back, kettlebell in the right hand.). Lift your spine, arm, and the kettlebell up with your hip.“⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣“Holding a weight overhead enforces the upright bearing necessary for stretching the hip flexors—which makes for a great drill.” (Super- Joints)⁣
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst
    ⁣⁣
    ⁣Get resilient - StrongFirst RESILIENT!⁣