all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Get Resilient - StrongFirst RESILIENT!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
This Resilient Manual seems like a perfect companion to Flexible Steel. Be cool if there was a new bundle project with Pavel Macek and Jon Engum.

They complement each other - Flexible Steel and its various drills are mentioned in the manual quite often. Both are based on Pavel's teaching. As for bundle project, Flexible Steel is 1 day event, Resilient 1,5 day - I am not sure if folks would come for 2,5 (=3) days.

Neck Series - The Rolling Neck Bridge
@Pavel Macek I like this exercise. When I first time read about neck exercises it was in the Dinosaur Bodyweight Training by Brooks Kubik, and I incorporated them into my training immediately. The Rolling Neck Bridge is like the next step after mastering Wrestler and Front Bridge.

@Pavel Macek I like this exercise. When I first time read about neck exercises it was in the Dinosaur Bodyweight Training by Brooks Kubik, and I incorporated them into my training immediately. The Rolling Neck Bridge is like the next step after mastering Wrestler and Front Bridge.

I personally love all kinds of bridges (and teach them at Resilient) - but conventional Wrestler's Bridges are not for everyone. Rolling Neck Bridge (and its easier variations, such as wall version) - for everybody.

I personally love all kinds of bridges (and teach them at Resilient) - but conventional Wrestler's Bridges are not for everyone. Rolling Neck Bridge (and its easier variations, such as wall version) - for everybody.
Wrestler's Bridge are OK for me. I even added Rockers two or sometimes three times a week. I'm considering to combine Rolling with the mentioned exercises.
Nonetheless, thank you for Resilient.

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual:⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣“Elevating the feet will help to emphasize hip extension, thoracic extension and shoulder flexion.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Coach Sommer ranks the elevated bridge as one of the top 3 exercises for joint health and mobility. The other 2 are a Jefferson Curl (please see the J-curl section of the manual) and a shoulder extension (that we have covered in the German hang in the Hanging Series of the manual).“⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst ⁣⁣

I originally meant like a book bundle. The combined seminar sounds like a great idea as well.

As for Flexible Steel, there is already a book.

As for StrongFirst RESILIENT, no book is planned for time being. Of course, all participants of the course receive over 100 pages manual with detailed step by step explanation of all exercises, additional articles, programming, resilient lifestyle tips, and - photos of all drills!

+++.jpg

Nope, not a dancing lesson: StrongFirst RESILIENT Hack squat drill.

From the StrongFirst RESILIENT Manual:⁣⁣

„Keep the spine vertical—like being suspended from the top— thinking of being pulled up helps with maintaining the vertical alignment of the torso. Instead of squatting down, focus on separating the knees to the sides. Make space in your hips—try to pull the hips out of the sockets, separate the thigh bones from the pelvis. Imagine your knees are two ends of the rope, with 2 persons pulling the rope the side. Use strength to get into the bottom position. Knees track the toes.“⁣

⁣⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst

Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch with a Kettlebell Overhead⁣

⁣⁣
⁣From the StrongFirst RESILIENT manual: ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣„…hold a kettlebell overhead (e.g. right foot back, kettlebell in the right hand.). Lift your spine, arm, and the kettlebell up with your hip.“⁣
⁣⁣
⁣“Holding a weight overhead enforces the upright bearing necessary for stretching the hip flexors—which makes for a great drill.” (Super- Joints)⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Upcoming events > StrongFirst RESILIENT | StrongFirst
⁣⁣
⁣Get resilient - StrongFirst RESILIENT!⁣

Jeff, please PM me. I am the forum administrator and I will help you with this.

Thank you.

-S-

Indeed. I am still on on post-op recovery so have been getting to know the 4, 6, and 8kg well here lately. Presses, kneeling presses, arm bars, crooked arm bars, get-ups, single-leg deadlifts, floor presses, rows, Cossack squats, goblet squats, hack squats.... so many things to practice with light weight, adding tension and internal resistance, fine-tuning the movements without putting excessive strain on the healing abdominal wall.
Anna,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the nature of your injury? Did you injure yourself doing a SF kettlebell program?

Anna,

If you don't mind me asking, what was the nature of your injury? Did you injure yourself doing a SF kettlebell program?

No injury; it was a surgery. I was a living kidney donor and the surgery I had in June (6 months ago tomorrow!) was a "right open donor nephrectomy." I am healed up and doing well now! Good as new, and in many ways, better. :)

Is this a stand alone program or something to be incorporated with another program such as S&S?

The course presents various ways how to incorporate it to your training: after your main training program, on your variety days, selected drills according your needs, etc. etc.

There was a Resilient over at DD a few years ago.

How similar is the SF Resilient to the older DD Resilient?

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom