all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Get up grip...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brad May

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi there
I watched a really interesting vid around the grip when doing get ups from Fabio Zonin. I originally read about it on another thread. I’ve tried to paste it below.

It seems to make loads of sense, but I wonder if anyone has any experience of moving to this. I’ve found that this feels stronger and the mechanics all add up but the weights seem heavier. Is it a case of deloading to move forward?

I’ve been training on S&S for around 18 months now and it seems that grip plays a huge part.

FYI. I’m around 5’ 11’’ and 75kg and starting to tackle the 36kg which is feeling super tough.

My TGU is really stronger since I apply this advice, that Fabio give to us at the sfg1 certification !

I've seen this in the past but can't remember what the tip was like and I only get
"Video Unavailable
Sorry, this video could not be played."

Would someone be so kind and summarize the idea? Thanks :)

Would someone be so kind and summarize the idea? Thanks :)

He's suggesting to grip the kettlebell to where your pinky is close to the handle, rather than in the center, or index finger closer to the handle. This puts the weight on the ulna which is more stable and there is less tendency to hyperextend the wrist.

Yes - thanks for posting this! I will implement this as getting a confortable grip has always been a struggle for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom