all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Cearball

Level 6 Valued Member
After fighting a back injury the last 2 months that would not go away due to my constant commute lol. I’m starting to miss the Giant. I’ve been doing a strong first chin up program and also doing push-ups as well. After a week of committing to some serious trigger point releasing and hours of yoga I’m finally starting to feel good. I want to finish this chin-up program over the next few weeks and then restart the Giant. Not sure where I’ll start. Maybe ease back in with 1.0 with the 24s and then jump back to 3.0 with the 32s. We’ll see. I did some clean and presses with the 20s yesterday just to ease back into the groove.
Do you know what you did to your back?

Gypsyplumber

Level 6 Valued Member
Yes I pulled a muscle early one morning bending down to pick up a kettlebell not warmed up. As with most of my back injuries I’ve had it was injured doing something completely inconspicuous. Then I drove 6 hrs to Disneyland and back and it just got tighter and tighter. It’s not a terrible injury just a nagging one. The problem with me as I always try and push myself to see if I can perform different things even with injury… and I kept pulling it again trying to stretch too far doing yoga.

Halfakneecap

Level 5 Valued Member
Yes I pulled a muscle early one morning bending down to pick up a kettlebell not warmed up. As with most of my back injuries I’ve had it was injured doing something completely inconspicuous. Then I drove 6 hrs to Disneyland and back and it just got tighter and tighter. It’s not a terrible injury just a nagging one. The problem with me as I always try and push myself to see if I can perform different things even with injury… and I kept pulling it again trying to stretch too far doing yoga.
I’m just getting over my semi regular ( 18 months -2 yrs ) back issue. Mine is simply that for whatever reason ( I suspect too much sitting at work ), I have to regularly do direct glute work, or I get back issues, not major, but enough to stop me from training. Then, I get it right and im 100%, so, being an idiot, I stop the direct glute work, which is fine for a while, until it isn’t. I have realised I just have to do it year round. Stupid thing is, I really don’t need much, dumbbell rdls twice a week or single leg rdls is enough to keep my glutes happy.

Cearball

Level 6 Valued Member

At least it isn't serious.

Hope you feel better soon.

Top Bottom