all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Just did my first day of giant 1.0, I wasn’t sure about rest periods between sets and may have stretched them out further than necessary, kept cleaning the garage. My order of 32kgs from Best Buy didn’t arrive as planned so I only have one but I couldn’t hardly press it with my left on Saturday so I did the pair of 24kgs. What is everybody doing for rest periods? I got 75 reps in 30 minutes but I feel like I could have done more.
In my opinion if you could not press 32 even once forget about that. Doing one rep is nothing compared to series of 6's. Do g1.0 and 1.1 with 24's then test. Maybe you will be ready for g3.0 with 32's.
I had a bit lower numbers with a pair of 24's in g1.0 and after the program still not even close to 5 reps with 32's. Now doing g1.1. Will test after but I am planning to do g1.2 even if I am ready for g3.0 with 32's. I can see big improvement in cardio after doing longer series and I think my joints need more time to keep up with muscles.

Just completed workout 2 of week 1 of 1.0. After two sessions of 3.0 I am happy so far but I would be lying if I said I was not happy that the next workout is 4 reps! Striving for technical perfection each rep and cant believe how much stronger and better conditioned I am at my age after almost 9 weeks on these programs! The clean alone is worth the price of admission.....

Just did my first day of giant 1.0, I wasn’t sure about rest periods between sets and may have stretched them out further than necessary, kept cleaning the garage. My order of 32kgs from Best Buy didn’t arrive as planned so I only have one but I couldn’t hardly press it with my left on Saturday so I did the pair of 24kgs. What is everybody doing for rest periods? I got 75 reps in 30 minutes but I feel like I could have done more.
Rest Periods? I was taking longer than typical density protocol rest periods for sure. I wanted to finish each workout strongly and with acceptable/passable reps. My advice as someone who's done several months of the Giant....I wouldn't worry about what others are doing sets-wise as it'll drive ya nuts thinking you're not doing enough or too much, too light. Just do what you're capable of each week and the results will come.

Just completed workout 2 of week 1 of 1.0. After two sessions of 3.0 I am happy so far but I would be lying if I said I was not happy that the next workout is 4 reps! Striving for technical perfection each rep and cant believe how much stronger and better conditioned I am at my age after almost 9 weeks on these programs! The clean alone is worth the price of admission.....
For me personally that was the hardest day of the whole program. The heavy day of week 1. I think the impact of C+P 6's was what my body was not ready for.
Every next training went better and better. Adaptation was quicker than I would expect.
Keep going Mate and you will be good?

What was your ten rep max with the 24s?

I was able to press the 32 6 times a side before I did the Wolf, I had gone on a hard 10 mile fat bike ride at 15f right before I tried to press the 32 on Saturday.

Not sure what my RM is with the 24s. I definitely haven't been pressing much lately though.

I was able to press the 32 6 times a side before I did the Wolf, I had gone on a hard 10 mile fat bike ride at 15f right before I tried to press the 32 on Saturday.

Not sure what my RM is with the 24s. I definitely haven't been pressing much lately though.

I would rest a day and test it. The number will tell you the appropriate weight. The program is based on a 10 RM.

6 good reps is plenty to start G3.0
G1.0 it is not recommended and you will not finish that as 6's is going to be your second day.
How many max series you can do in 30 minutes 2? 3?
That is not a training.

Last edited:
Ok, observation time. I think we in this thread all know the Giant delivers. I had a @WxHerk moment today. I tried on my dress shirts.....no way, nope, not happening! They were 16 1/2's. Need 17 1/2's now since last September. The armholes and sleeves were cutting off circulation! Didn't see that coming ! I'm sending the bill for 2 new dress shirts to Mr. Neupert this afternoon!

Ok, observation time. I think we in this thread all know the Giant delivers. I had a @WxHerk moment today. I tried on my dress shirts.....no way, nope, not happening! They were 16 1/2's. Need 17 1/2's now since last September. The armholes and sleeves were cutting off circulation! Didn't see that coming ! I'm sending the bill for 2 new dress shirts to Mr. Neupert this afternoon!
Cheaper for him to prescribe a "de-tuning" program for you with directions to your nearest Cheesecake Factory.

Back
Top Bottom