all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

I'm starting to feel like I can't get more reps per session simply because I can't squeeze enough into the time. I'm not recovering fast enough between sets.

Any strategy for this?

Is it okay to just keep going and not worry if I get the same or less reps, maybe just aim for better quality/ technique?

I'm starting to feel like I can't get more reps per session simply because I can't squeeze enough into the time. I'm not recovering fast enough between sets.

Any strategy for this?

Is it okay to just keep going and not worry if I get the same or less reps, maybe just aim for better quality/ technique?
just don't care...if you want to add difficulty retest your RM and jump weight if possible..otherwise keep going

Something occurred to me yesterday. I'm currently recycling 3.0 to get my RM up to 10 with a pair of 24s. People have given this advice before, and I'm enjoying the heavy work; I don't intend to change the plan now.

What I was wondering was: Instead of using 3.0 as a bridge between weights, has anyone recycled any subset of the 1.0 series until the next set of KBs got to 10RM?

Last edited:
Something occurred to me yesterday. I'm currently recycling 3.0 to get my RM up to 10 with a pair of 24s. People have given this advice before, and I'm enjoying the heavy work; I don't intend to change the plan now.

What I was wondering was: Instead of using 3.0 as a bridge between weights, has anyone recycled any subset of the 1.0 series until the next set of KBs got to 10RM?
I took a month off after completing 1.0-2.0 with 24s. When I tested my maxes for the next bells, i got 6 with 28s and 2 with 32s. I decided to start 3.0 with the 28. After the first week, it seemed too light, so I ended up adding another rep to each set the next week, and again the 2 following weeks. So I started week 1 doing 3.0, and by week 4, I was doing 1.0. I think that I just needed to grease the grove a bit.

I actually started 2.0 this week with the 28s. today will be week 1 day 2. I really like the extra volume that I get in the ladder sets, along with the challenge the last set gives. After a cycle of 2.0, I plan on starting 3.0 with the 32s.

Week 1 starting over with 28s in the book! Definitely feeling the tension in my core this week! Did lots of mobility and recovery on off days. Otherwise felt strong. 28s went up pretty easily and honestly was surprised I felt more tired from the cleans (in trunk) than the presses. Next week we’ll see if I can increase a few reps.

Attachments

• E027A03D-DC11-4012-8F37-CD197EBB07CC.jpeg
    E027A03D-DC11-4012-8F37-CD197EBB07CC.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 26
Currently doing the giant 2.0 with ladders.

Coming up to a month of stress in work.
Loads of 12 hour night shifts with walking & the odd bit of heavy lifting while on the tools.

Will be interesting to see how I do on this programme.
Will probably go into coast mode & just try to get the workouts in.

Already fallen off the wagon with a few 2 workouts /week instances which will likely extend my cycle unless I catch up with a few 4 workout/week.

My recovery is likely to be dogshit.

Currently doing the giant 2.0 with ladders.

Coming up to a month of stress in work.
Loads of 12 hour night shifts with walking & the odd bit of heavy lifting while on the tools.

Will be interesting to see how I do on this programme.
Will probably go into coast mode & just try to get the workouts in.

Already fallen off the wagon with a few 2 workouts /week instances which will likely extend my cycle unless I catch up with a few 4 workout/week.

My recovery is likely to be dogshit.
A whole month of anticipated recovery deficiency!!!

Then expect elevated heart rates throughout your days and nights and messed up sleep patterns, not to mention the higher risk of injury and the added frustration from lagging progress.

Under similar stressors, I had some success in rebalancing my recovery by limiting myself to the 3.0 program.

Finally joined the fun and worked through 3.0, 1.0, 1.1, and nearly 1.2 with a set of 24s. Went from a 5 rep max to a 13 before starting 1.2 so this delivers for sure. On 1.2, I started to drift backwards instead of forwards, which usually means to me I need to deload, start something else for a bit, and put this on maintenance. When I revisit this, I'll likely start with 2.0 and then 1.2. Oh my those 9 days are something.

A whole month of anticipated recovery deficiency!!!

Then expect elevated heart rates throughout your days and nights and messed up sleep patterns, not to mention the higher risk of injury and the added frustration from lagging progress.

Under similar stressors, I had some success in rebalancing my recovery by limiting myself to the 3.0 program.
I'm always not as well recovered as I could be just because of my shift work & abnormal sleep patterns but this month will be especially bad.

Covered 13 miles last night & there was some heavy "lifting" trying to open valves that didn't want to budge.

As to "the giant 3" weirdly out of all the giant programmes I felt the most poorly recovered on that one. Maybe simply a case of the higher intensity ?‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom