all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Finished week 3 of the Giant 1.0 with 185 reps. Up 3 from previous week, using double 55's Deloaded today on medium day for 20 minutes did, 9 x 5. Went for a walk, felt loose. Tried double 70's almost. Tried again, got closer. Just need to zip up the clean a little.

Rested 3 minutes. Tested 55's with RM. Usually I hate doing this, but decided to make myself uncomfortable. Did 10 and had one in the tank. Here's the proof.

Couple of months back, the max was 6.

Finished week 3 of the Giant 1.0 with 185 reps. Up 3 from previous week, using double 55's Deloaded today on medium day for 20 minutes did, 9 x 5. Went for a walk, felt loose. Tried double 70's almost. Tried again, got closer. Just need to zip up the clean a little.

Rested 3 minutes. Tested 55's with RM. Usually I hate doing this, but decided to make myself uncomfortable. Did 10 and had one in the tank. Here's the proof.

Awesome!

I know I’ve posted a few progress posts But I can’t emphasize enough how many gains I’ve made in the last six months. Honestly didn’t realize it during the middle of it but now that I’ve kind of taken a step back and done some tests it’s quite remarkable how effective this program is. I had a goal of being able to work with double 32s one day and it seems like an impossibility six months ago. Double 32s just sounded like it would be my ceiling but I don’t think it is… After testing my double 28’s and hitting ten easily a few weeks ago and working a few weeks of the giant 1.0 with a 28s I feel strong. Unfortunately I hurt my neck last Sunday washing my truck (as an old man would do) So I pretty much had to take this whole week off. I started moving a little bit yesterday and this morning I was staring at my 32s after doing some light ABC complexes and I said what the f*** I might as well try them out if I get hurt I get hurt. To my surprise when I pick them up they didn’t even feel heavy and I was able to smash five or six cleans no problem. The press is still a limiting factor I could probably get three but the fact that I could even clean them was shocking to me. They felt like my 24s used to feel six months ago. Still feeling a little pain in my neck so I’m probably gonna take another week of easy training and then restart the giant with 28s and really try to work my rep count. All I can say is I’m going to recommend this program to as many people as I can.

More proof!

Nicely done!! One more in the tank, indeed!! My cue for zipping up the clean is to "tighten the J." I envision the clean's arc as the letter J. Concentrate on making the "J" a little smaller. I do this with a loose grip/quick flip around the wrists. You have a terrific grasp on the principles and will definitely be moving more weight for more reps. You might be surprised at your numbers in the upcoming weeks, months, years, but I won't be!!

I know I’ve posted a few progress posts But I can’t emphasize enough how many gains I’ve made in the last six months. Honestly didn’t realize it during the middle of it but now that I’ve kind of taken a step back and done some tests it’s quite remarkable how effective this program is. I had a goal of being able to work with double 32s one day and it seems like an impossibility six months ago. Double 32s just sounded like it would be my ceiling but I don’t think it is… After testing my double 28’s and hitting ten easily a few weeks ago and working a few weeks of the giant 1.0 with a 28s I feel strong. Unfortunately I hurt my neck last Sunday washing my truck (as an old man would do) So I pretty much had to take this whole week off. I started moving a little bit yesterday and this morning I was staring at my 32s after doing some light ABC complexes and I said what the f*** I might as well try them out if I get hurt I get hurt. To my surprise when I pick them up they didn’t even feel heavy and I was able to smash five or six cleans no problem. The press is still a limiting factor I could probably get three but the fact that I could even clean them was shocking to me. They felt like my 24s used to feel six months ago. Still feeling a little pain in my neck so I’m probably gonna take another week of easy training and then restart the giant with 28s and really try to work my rep count. All I can say is I’m going to recommend this program to as many people as I can.

More proof!

Nicely done, GP!! Very efficient and strong!! Like Yogi Berra said about baseball: 90% of this game is mental, the other half is physical!!

Nicely done!! One more in the tank, indeed!! My cue for zipping up the clean is to "tighten the J." I envision the clean's arc as the letter J. Concentrate on making the "J" a little smaller. I do this with a loose grip/quick flip around the wrists. You have a terrific grasp on the principles and will definitely be moving more weight for more reps. You might be surprised at your numbers in the upcoming weeks, months, years, but I won't be!!
I’m always looking for ways to sharpen my technique. I’ve been really trying to improve my initial hike as that used to give me problems. Making sure I concentrate on staying hinged, keeping tension, and sucking my elbows to my side has been clutch. You can get away with small mistakes with lighter bells but as I move up I really find the importance of every little technique nuance.

More proof!

Dude, you're gonna be rocking those 32s for sure. Run some cleans for a whole and wait until your neck feels better and hit em up in the 3.0.....in the meantime run up some reps with the 28s! Trust Geoff's programming!

I’m always looking for ways to sharpen my technique. I’ve been really trying to improve my initial hike as that used to give me problems. Making sure I concentrate on staying hinged, keeping tension, and sucking my elbows to my side has been clutch. You can get away with small mistakes with lighter bells but as I move up I really find the importance of every little technique nuance.
Yup, for me it's the "squeezing tennis balls in my armpits" that made a difference to me.

Also found his advice in his Strong Videos to do a Jersey Shore chest... stick your chest out... made double much much easier.
Ha ha ha, the Jersey shore thing.....I now live about an 8 minute drive from where that famous show was filmed.....I have to say this...not all Jersey folks walk around like that! People also forget that those show members were not NJ natives, they were Staten Islanders!

Having said that, yes I agree, that's a great cue!

Last edited:
Hi all,
I've seen some fancy excel spreadsheets used to track total volume, load, etc for The Giant. Would you be willing to share?

Perhaps DM would be best because it is a paid program. I'm happy to show my receipt.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom