all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Do you have any more info on how you work up to the 10x10? Seems like a cool goal to have. Do you just run 1.2 and test doing 10x10 at the end of the cycle until it comes to fruition?
Well what worked for me was running the full series'...the 2.0, then the 1.0, the 1.1 and the 1.2 with 32s and then the 36s for 1.0 then 2.0 in those orders......obviously it took me some prep time.

I'd like to basically do the same process this time. I "may" follow up the 1.2 with my own "1.3" which is using the same program set up guidelines making the heavy day/Wednesday sets of 10 but I'm not sure. I'll worry about it later on. Higher rep sets of a full body movement are quite tiring.......but also quite rewarding.

Also adding my "JG diet"........won't be found in any late night TV adds but has worked for me in the past. No snacks, no desserts, no booze except for Saturday evenings. I want to be under 200 and strong by spring (March 21, 2022).

Well what worked for me was running the full series'...the 2.0, then the 1.0, the 1.1 and the 1.2 with 32s and then the 36s for 1.0 then 2.0 in those orders......obviously it took me some prep time.

I'd like to basically do the same process this time. I "may" follow up the 1.2 with my own "1.3" which is using the same program set up guidelines making the heavy day/Wednesday sets of 10 but I'm not sure. I'll worry about it later on. Higher rep sets of a full body movement are quite tiring.......but also quite rewarding.

Also adding my "JG diet"........won't be found in any late night TV adds but has worked for me in the past. No snacks, no desserts, no booze except for Saturday evenings. I want to be under 200 and strong by spring (March 21, 2022).
For your Saturday evenings, just use the number of wins the Jets have this year as your guide for drinking! You'll be 195 in no time.

5 workouts left of 1.2 with 55's. You're right John, about the benefits of the high rep sets!

For your Saturday evenings, just use the number of wins the Jets have this year as your guide for drinking! You'll be 195 in no time.

5 workouts left of 1.2 with 55's. You're right John, about the benefits of the high rep sets!
I swear watching the 49ers play either top shelf or dollar store brand play this year has caused me to gain 10 pounds from booze this year...

I swear watching the 49ers play either top shelf or dollar store brand play this year has caused me to gain 10 pounds from booze this year...
Funny you mention that. I NEVER stress eat or drink. However watching the Red Sox blow a 5-0 in game 4 of this year's ALDS vs. Tampa, I found a box of cheez-itz and crushed them stressed. Thank God they won and eliminated them.

Niners are playing great. Could be 3 teams from NFC West in the playoffs.

Brian. You're so right! I'm also looking forward to the 2022 baseball season right now as the Mutts have added Scherzer and some bats......I do realize that I've been down this road before.......

It sounds easy "just" focusing on the Giant but once the higher rep sets start it touches on so many bases....it's worth it!

No warmup. I’m on a “street clothes, any time/anywhere, no sweat” kick lately. Nano-workouts (3 minutes or less, multiple times a day) and micro-workouts (10-15 minutes, once or twice a day).
Thanks mate, might give it a crack

Which push press is Geoff approved, the regular push press or the Viking push press when running the Giant? Also, if the regular push press actively pull the bells down or use the dip catch?
I remember him in the past saying to focus on lowering the bells slowly from the push press.

Which push press is Geoff approved, the regular push press or the Viking push press when running the Giant? Also, if the regular push press actively pull the bells down or use the dip catch?
I recommend the Push Press, not the VPP.

Use the following progression -

1) Controlled drop into rack & catch with the legs
2) Active negative
3) Then move to the Press

Hope that helps.

Week 3

Giant 1.0 - 2x20kg (2 x 15' sessions per training day)
Day 1Day 2Day 3
Week 1556060
Week 2656668
Week 3707276*

* Brought to you by Chipotle 2x chicken bowl

Next week for "same but different" variety, I think I'll go with single-arm presses.

Leaning toward 2.0 next, rather than 1.1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom