all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Currently running the giant in the 20,25,30, 20 weekly splits. Week 3 of 1.0 netted 230 reps. Just finished week 3 of 1.1. @ 240 reps. These numbers concern me a bit as I was hoping for a larger jump. Is this normal?

Currently running the giant in the 20,25,30, 20 weekly splits. Week 3 of 1.0 netted 230 reps. Just finished week 3 of 1.1. @ 240 reps. These numbers concern me a bit as I was hoping for a larger jump. Is this normal?
I’m on my last week of 3.0. It’s my first time on any of these programs and I’m noticing the second and third week, progress was fast, but now in the last week, it’s slowed right down. I think it’s normal

That’s a lot of reps by the way I think, you’re doing quite well. You might be ready for heavier bells I think

I’m on my last week of 3.0. It’s my first time on any of these programs and I’m noticing the second and third week, progress was fast, but now in the last week, it’s slowed right down. I think it’s normal

That’s a lot of reps by the way I think, you’re doing quite well. You might be ready for heavier bells I think
It’s almost like it was designed to give you a deload week (week 4) and rest week after. I’m always ready for my deload weeks for sure.

The biggest problem I have is wondering whether to do 1.0 next with the 20’s or do Strong with the 24’s. I blame geoff for awesome programs haha
Good problem to have!!

My grocery shopping is much like selecting Neupert program: “naa, I don’t need a cart…” Then, I get to the checkout with hands full, stuff under each arm, and a loaf of bread dangling from between my teeth!!

I’m one session away from finishing 3,0. Today was triples, and after a beer and pizza fest over the weekend, would’ve been happy to equal last weeks, but pushed through and made 15 sets of 3 in 20min. That’s the most reps I’ve done. I’m feeling it now, but I had to count twice to make sure.

I tried out a clean and press with my 2x24kg bells. Clean wasn’t too bad, and the press was tough, but I managed.

I honestly would not have believed in a month I would make as much progress as I have. It’s ridiculously effective, at 3 x 40 min sessions a week.

Those who have ran the Giant 2.0 did you run the ladders like total tension ex 3,4,5 then 4, 3 …or you just do them in succession so 3,4,5 then repeat 3,4,5? I’m contemplating running this version of the Giant as it’s one of the only ones i haven’t tried yet. And I kind of want to drop back down to 28s and really get a lot of reps in. I think this will be fun.

Those who have ran the Giant 2.0 did you run the ladders like total tension ex 3,4,5 then 4, 3 …or you just do them in succession so 3,4,5 then repeat 3,4,5? I’m contemplating running this version of the Giant as it’s one of the only ones i haven’t tried yet. And I kind of want to drop back down to 28s and really get a lot of reps in. I think this will be fun.
I always ran them in succession: 3, 4, 5; 3, 4, 5 and so on. I’ve laddered for ~15 years and find dropping back to the starting rep number gives me the most volume and best overall strength & hypertrophic results. Pyramiding: I.e. 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 wore me out and I was unable to ”trick” myself psychologically by returning to the easiest set.

I always ran them in succession: 3, 4, 5; 3, 4, 5 and so on. I’ve laddered for ~15 years and find dropping back to the starting rep number gives me the most volume and best overall strength & hypertrophic results. Pyramiding: I.e. 3, 4, 5, 4, 3 wore me out and I was unable to ”trick” myself psychologically by returning to the easiest set.
I concur. Up and down exhausts me whereas starting on the bottom kind of invigorates me. Truth be told dropping back in weight used may yield more reps overall but I found the 2.0 was a nice transition to a heavier bell combo. You do that hard set of 5 or 8 or whatever but retreat back to the start your next set. In other words, I'd try to go heavier!

I concur. Up and down exhausts me whereas starting on the bottom kind of invigorates me. Truth be told dropping back in weight used may yield more reps overall but I found the 2.0 was a nice transition to a heavier bell combo. You do that hard set of 5 or 8 or whatever but retreat back to the start your next set. In other words, I'd try to go heavier!
I’d love to think I could get 8 reps with the 32s lol but I’m just not there yet haha.

Finished 3.0 last week, hit 1.0 this week. The fifth rep was rough, but I caught a groove about 17 minutes in. Hoping for some fast progress getting used to the volume.

3.0 was awesome, the singles were awful but in a good way. I’m glad I don’t have to suffer through them anymore. I attached my daily/weekly rep numbers. My guns are starting to shine, Geoff is gonna have my body beach ready with this program!

Attachments

• A1085F31-2F45-4F64-AA07-22B11A8396C6.jpeg
    A1085F31-2F45-4F64-AA07-22B11A8396C6.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 8D20DDB3-DF57-421C-8756-1772D73806ED.jpeg
    8D20DDB3-DF57-421C-8756-1772D73806ED.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
Nice work!

Yes, it's normal.

Remember, you're doing more work per set in 1.1 than you were in 1.0.

A +10 rep improvement over the course of a month is still +5%, with your numbers, which is solid.

Keep going.

Finished 3.0 last week, hit 1.0 this week. The fifth rep was rough, but I caught a groove about 17 minutes in. Hoping for some fast progress getting used to the volume.

3.0 was awesome, the singles were awful but in a good way. I’m glad I don’t have to suffer through them anymore. I attached my daily/weekly rep numbers. My guns are starting to shine, Geoff is gonna have my body beach ready with this program!
Excellent work!

3,4,5,3,4,5 are ladders.

3,4,5,4,3 is a pyramid.

Pyramids, for most, are way more fatigue inducing due to the "proximity" of the reps - i.e. 4-5-4, which doesn't allow for much rest, if any.

Ladders, for the most part, are fatigue-sparing.

Hope this helps.

Had a sobering experience today in week 3 day 1.

Sets of 5 and in 30 minutes I managed 10 for 50 reps.

In last week's 25 minute session I did 11 sets for 55 reps.

I felt great last week and a bit rough today and even the 10 sets was quite a push so is this auto regulation at work and I can still consider it a good session or is this a step backwards?

Had a sobering experience today in week 3 day 1.

Sets of 5 and in 30 minutes I managed 10 for 50 reps.

In last week's 25 minute session I did 11 sets for 55 reps.

I felt great last week and a bit rough today and even the 10 sets was quite a push so is this auto regulation at work and I can still consider it a good session or is this a step backwards?

I would go with, "it's autoregulation at work," but I'm interested in other's opinions.

I think it's normal. I've had many weeks like that.

Back
Top Bottom