all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Giant 3.0 to Giant 1.0

White Belt Tears

First Post
Hello,
I have a question concerning running the Giant in reverse order 3.0-1.0,1.1.1.2,1.3. I was browsing the forum and could not find anything in regard to members running it this way. I have two 18kg bells that would be too light to run the giant with and two 26kg bells that would be around my 6-7 rep max. I was planning on going through 3.0 twice possibly waving the volume by manipulating time building up to 30 mins by the end of the 8 weeks and then segway into the beginning programs. Has anyone had success with this protocol/ do you see any problems with this approach?

Cheers!
-Christian

Yeah. I’m on my second run through of

3.0>1.0>2.0>1.1>1.2

I can almost guarantee you that if you have never done this many C&P before, 3.0 will get you to where you’ll be able to start 1.0. The beginner gains I made on my first run through were high, both from strength adaptation and efficiency increases with the movement.

Worst case scenario the mega thread has what 3.1 and 3.2 would be or you could run Dry Fighting Weights rep scheme with just C&P before 1.0

Geoff spells this out in the program I believe (or maybe it was somewhere in the 500 page thread) but yes you can surely start at 3.0 and work up to 1.0

Hello,
I have a question concerning running the Giant in reverse order 3.0-1.0,1.1.1.2,1.3. I was browsing the forum and could not find anything in regard to members running it this way. I have two 18kg bells that would be too light to run the giant with and two 26kg bells that would be around my 6-7 rep max. I was planning on going through 3.0 twice possibly waving the volume by manipulating time building up to 30 mins by the end of the 8 weeks and then segway into the beginning programs. Has anyone had success with this protocol/ do you see any problems with this approach?

Cheers!
-Christian

I did 3.0 with double 28's, which where my 6 RM at the moment, and was able to do 10 after 4 weeks of 3.0 and went straight to 1.0.

Another way to increase the volume after 3.0, is veer off the path and for 4 weeks, do a ladder. 1,2,3 easy day, 2,3,5 medium day, 3,4,5 heavy day. That way you can feel the success of doing a set of 5 without having to keep doing it.

Another way to increase the volume after 3.0, is veer off the path and for 4 weeks, do a ladder. 1,2,3 easy day, 2,3,5 medium day, 3,4,5 heavy day. That way you can feel the success of doing a set of 5 without having to keep doing it.
I’m doing something similar to this right now. Doing ladders of 1,2,3 plan is to increase the rungs after 3 weeks…still working 3 days a week with a medium heavy light format.

GIANT 3.0
30 minutes 24kg
WEEK ONE 91 reps
WEEK TWO 115 reps
WEEK THREE 126 reps
A little premature haven’t tested yet.
Thinking I may increase to a 7 rep max.
Would like to run 3.0 again or move on? 1.0 would be with 20’s.
This will be the first program ever.
Surprised at how much cleans work posterior.

Sixty-five years old 182lbs.
32’s for 5 would be the goal for 2023 by then I will be 66 D.v.

Awesome feedback thanks gang! Curious if anyone has run any of the programs as a chain?
What do you mean as a chain? If you mean sequentially, yes.
GIANT 3.0
30 minutes 24kg
WEEK ONE 91 reps
WEEK TWO 115 reps
WEEK THREE 126 reps
A little premature haven’t tested yet.
Thinking I may increase to a 7 rep max.
Would like to run 3.0 again or move on? 1.0 would be with 20’s.
This will be the first program ever.
Surprised at how much cleans work posterior.

Sixty-five years old 182lbs.
32’s for 5 would be the goal for 2023 by then I will be 66 D.v.
That’s a tough one, to further complicate the decision you could run 3.1* and 3.2*. That would be my recommendation as they would get you to, or close to, a 10RM and you can run 1.0>2.0>1.1>1.2. That’s a solid 24 weeks without deloads and I think it would put you closer to your goal with the 32s then dropping to the 20s.

*Add one rep per day to 3.0 to create 3.1. Do the same to 3.1 to create 3.2

Forth Monday 56 reps didn’t break a sweat.
Really encouraged how are increasing.
Fifty-six reps is getting towards hypertrophy upper limit.
Wondering if strength is increasing or if it just a learning curve.
*Add one rep per day to 3.0 to create 3.1. Do the same to 3.1 to create 3.2
Thank you for the reply.
Good suggestion and want to go there. Would Jeff recommend this?
Hoping to work the program as described.
First week added goblet squats on rest days (not recommended)
other than that haven’t changed a thing.

Thank you to those that gave a thumbs up.

I tried starting with 1.0 with my 24 kg but prefer the heavier load and lower reps of 3.0.

Last edited:
The idea of taking the autoregulation and C+P of the Giant and going off the path as you say with different ladder combinations is really interesting to me.

I really beleive the magic and genius of the Giant is the former two and suspect that any reasonable structure of sets/ladders/reps would work to a greater or lesser extent. I wonder if I could even use a heavier bell on the bottom rung of the ladders on the light and medium day to help with getting some work in using the heavier weight I'm working towards. Or is that too far from the path!?

Back
Top Bottom