all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Glicolytic autophagy?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jonga.bd

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey guys!

So, I was just re-listening Pavel on JRE and something popped on my mind...
...while explaining why glycolitic type training and "going for the burn" isn't optimal for performance and health reasons, he said it stimulates lysossomes to fagocyte unwanted parts of cells...

...but isn't it exaclty the definition of autophagy, which some of us really look for while intermitent fasting?

Appreciate any opinions.
Tks

Hey guys!

So, I was just re-listening Pavel on JRE and something popped on my mind...
...while explaining why glycolitic type training and "going for the burn" isn't optimal for performance and health reasons, he said it stimulates lysossomes to fagocyte unwanted parts of cells...

...but isn't it exaclty the definition of autophagy, which some of us really look for while intermitent fasting?

Appreciate any opinions.
Tks

Exercise in general triggers autophagy. It doesn't last as long as fasting driven autophagy, but works just the same, via glucose depletion.

I'm interested in other research on this topic that can be understood by an average person.

Most of what I've found seems to indicate that exercise does a very good job of triggering autophagy in the muscles (including mitophagy), brain, liver, etc etc.

Fasting also does this and I had thought different pathways were activated mTOR vs AMPK, but this is stretching the limits of my layman's understanding. There is a lot of published research on this topic, I'm not educated enough on the subject to compare individually based on the merits.

This was published in May'15

In summary, the most effective strategy to activate autophagy in human skeletal muscle seems to rely on exercise intensity more than diet.

I'm interested in other research on this topic that can be understood by an average person.

Most of what I've found seems to indicate that exercise does a very good job of triggering autophagy in the muscles (including mitophagy), brain, liver, etc etc.

Fasting also does this and I had thought different pathways were activated mTOR vs AMPK, but this is stretching the limits of my layman's understanding. There is a lot of published research on this topic, I'm not educated enough on the subject to compare individually based on the merits.

This was published in May'15

Very interesting. Being "intensity" a word often used a bit differently in science papers, it's definetly worth some reading.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom