all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed goals

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

footballer55

Level 4 Valued Member
Right now I weigh 153, power clean 160, and bench 155 (slight bounce off chest).

By may 15, I want to weight 155, have a strict bench form of 160, and power clean 175. By June 10th I want to weigh 157, bench a strict form of 170, and power clean 190.

I wanted to post this so I not only have remembrance of my goals, but to make sure I stay true to them. Also, any advice anyone may have to help with my goal are welcomed and thanked

Thanks,
Mike

P.s. I'll post my next goal for after June 10th after may 15th, and so on

Though I should update and share a kinda funny story. Today I tested my bench max again bacause it was the end of the month. I warmed up a little, then loaded on what I thought was 160 (5 pounds more since my last max). It was very, very difficult but I got it up. I moved on to some light front squats, curls etc. Then I was ready to test my power clean. I put the same weight on as my bench press, and recounted them. It turns out it was actually 165, which I am very proud of! (For the record I failed on the 165 power clean).

I do feel I'll reach and maybe even exceed my goals. My weight's been 156-157 lately, which is already over my goal! Thank you to everyone who's given me advice in all my forums, you've been a tremendous help!

Congratulations on your new PB for the bench Michael.

You would be wise to give yourself at least 3 to 4 days off training before you start your next cycle, a week would be better. In my experience young lifters go through cycles where good gains in muscle strength can occur but it takes a while for the tendons and ligaments to catch up. Pushing too hard when you are making good gains in strength can sometimes be a catch 22 situation as muscles can develop faster than tendons.

Start your next cycle at a comfortable weight and work back up to heavy stuff at the end of the cycle.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom