all posts post new thread

Good Days

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
On 11/2 woke up and felt like I'd slept funny on my left shoulder. It was an awkward feeling that extended right up into my neck. Expected it to dissipate as the day went on, but it didn't. Yesterday was the same feeling.
Today much lesser but still present. No 'pain' at any time, but two days of constantly being aware of the area feeling 'off'. So I've been carrying myself very upright in good posture, which helps, so I'm not sure if it's a good feeling or a bad one haha!
In my get-up I'd been focusing on pulling my shoulder into their sockets more, so it might be some sort of DOMS from recruiting unfamiliar muscles, or maybe I messed it up by trying something and doing it wrong. But not sure that would explain the weird feeling through my neck too...
Today much lesser, but interestingly my upper pec near the shoulder felt very tender too, which makes me suspect DOMS again..? So i tried a very light session feeling it out, and it seems more connected to the swings, not so much in my get-ups which I'd thought were the culprit.
Strange, pretty sure I'll be back on it tomorrow though :)

Last edited:
13/2

10kg
Halo-GSQ 1-2-3-4

20kg swing 5*10 (handswap after 5 reps)

16kg get-up 2*1

Pressed for time today, but going to make (high quality) swings my focus for a while. Aiming for 50pd as a minimum, no more doing them for time, but instead I'll execute by the book, (guided by the talk-test and power generation). Get-ups will fit into the remaining time.

Neck still a bit off, so I'm certain it wasn't doms, (I think that was wishful thinking haha) , but am not worried about it glad I was sensible and rested it tho!

17/2

16kg Halo-GSQ 2-3-5-3-2

24kg Swings 5*10
24kg get-up 1*1

Quick session today, to avoid having too large a gap between training sessions.

Some sets of swings were a mix of single and double handed.

Felt unwell the last 3 days, prioritised rest, which has helped a lot. Used the guided sleep meditation video recommended by Crazycanuck on Kiacuk's training log. Was quite effective for the first two nights, but not the 3rd night in a row. Any similar suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
25/2

16kg Halo-GSQ 2-3-5-3-2

Swings 10kg+12kg 5*10 (double swings)
20kg 2*5 (1/h)

Get up 20kg
1*4

Used a 10 and 12 because at work as there's no 24kg available

Last edited:
27/2

16kg Halo-GSQ 2-3-5-3-2
10+12 double swing 10*5
20kg get up 1*3

Tried to enjoy my session today...
Even Pavel talks about doing the Sinister test while whistling a tune - and people don't tend to whistle unless they're enjoying themselves haha. I had the work gym to myself, someone has left a Hot Chocolate CD lying around, ideal...

My recovery between swings happened much(!) faster, I hinged later, and interestingly I managed to "unlock" my lats. I have really struggled to get the lats engaged, despite the guidance in the book, well today I got them contributing, huzzah for smiling ;)

3/3

10kg 3*5 halo
16kg 1*5 GSQ 2*5 front squat (in rack)

24kg Swings 9*10
Using 2T-2R-2T-2L-2T pattern
1*10 T/h swings (lost power in left arm in the 9th set)

Naked get-ups 3*1

Music from Cat Empire bringing the smiles for today's session.

Since my last session I've had a lot of soreness in my elbow, which I started poking and realised that a tendon in my bicep was inflamed, which seemed to trace back further to shoulder, and think might be related to that strange neck irritation I had recently.

Took a short break so to avoid further inflammation. I'm going to take my get-ups back a step as think the impingement might be due to my overhead position.

Today's session because my shoulder a bit tender from self-massage they were more sensitive so I could also feel a pull in my shoulder during the swings, from not having my packing done properly. Seems that imperceptible adjustments can have a big impact in these moves.

Still enjoying my sessions tho, and missed them during my short break Stay strong.

12kg halo 3*5
16kg GSQ 1*5
16kg front squat 2*5

Double swings 10*10
Went up and back down in weight

12(l) 10(r)
10(l) 12(r)
16(l) 12(r)
12(l) 16(r)
20(l) 16(r)
16(l) 20(r)
16(l) 12(r)
12(l) 16(r)
12(l) 10(r)
10(l) 12(r)

Naked get-up 1*1
20kg 2*1 partial get-up (to hand)

Loved this article, spot on for me
Two Swing Cues to Unlock your Power, Posture, and Athleticism | StrongFirst

Back at work gym, more hot chocolate - including "are you getting enough (of what makes you happy)"

5/3

16kg halo 1*5 GSQ 1*5
24kg Swings 1*10
16kg get-ups 1*1

Just a quick touch-base training session today one set of each movement.

St. Pirin's day today, patron Saint of Cornwall. Gool Peran Lowen!

Hi @Kiacek, thanks for checking in. Nice new avatar pic :)

I messed my left hand up, and I couldn't really move my thumb and index finger. I had zero pinch grip at all.

Late last week my arm felt 90% "normal" and I did my first training session today :)

How's things been with you?

25/3

Strength aerobics with 20kg.
20 mins.

Lovely little session, first time I've tried strength aerobics but I thought it was great.
No counting, just shaking off the tension and going again. Fit it into a half hour lunch break.

Nice new avatar pic :)
Thanks!
I messed my left hand up, and I couldn't really move my thumb and index finger. I had zero pinch grip at all.

Late last week my arm felt 90% "normal" and I did my first training session today
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the hand, it sounds serious.
But I'm glad that you've gotten back the majority of function; I hope you continue to recover.

26/3
20kg - 10 mins - swings "to a comfortable stop" then jog til next set swings.

Notes
10 mins was too much for now
NKB:)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom