all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Good single kB program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Brandon Trahan

Level 5 Valued Member
Something that won’t cause me to not be able to walk for a few days but effective lol.
Just got off a respiratory infection and trying to build my lungs and cardio back up.

Also I’m on hector guitierez Jiu jitsu kB program but it’s a lot right now for how zapped my lungs are.

You guys are always amazing with advice and support!

if you can snatch then there are some good A&A programs on the site that you can find. Or for that matter A&A using swings. Good luck.

if you can snatch then there are some good A&A programs on the site that you can find. Or for that matter A&A using swings. Good luck.

Thanks a ton. I love Snatches. i just Need a simple rep scheme so i dont Over do it. Only have my 70lb Bell right now.

Just do easy swings with a 16kg bell if you have one. Do a set of 8-10 (or whatever you feel like) and rest until you feel comfortable doing another set and repeat for as many sets as you feel like. Don’t push it and build up your system slowly. There’s no rule that says you have to be huffing and puffing at the start of every set. Frankly I don’t understand why S&S is so taxing unless you were trying to do it in the 16 minute standard every time. It really doesn’t get much easier than that if you’re using a light enough weight bell and taking plenty of time to rest between sets.

Thanks a ton. I love Snatches. i just Need a simple rep scheme so i dont Over do it. Only have my 70lb Bell right now.
If you are struggling with S&S then snatching the 32 is a no go.

Just do a total of 100 two hand swings in sets of 5 with your 32 kg. If you can, or as you improve, progress to sets of 10.

Add some push ups to complement the swings. 4 sets of 5 and progress to 6 sets of 15. Or adapt to your current level of strength.

As warm up before the swings do 3x5 bodyweight squats. mix with goblet squats with the 32 if you can.

In the meantime, you can find yourself some lighter bells to practice S&S in the future.

Something that won’t cause me to not be able to walk for a few days but effective lol.
Just got off a respiratory infection and trying to build my lungs and cardio back up.

Also I’m on hector guitierez Jiu jitsu kB program but it’s a lot right now for how zapped my lungs are.

You guys are always amazing with advice and support!

Which program specifically?

I am currently doing an "experiment" of sorts using Geoff Neupert's King-Sized Killer program from his KB Express ebook. Despite the ominous name you do not need to kill yourself. One exercise only - the snatch. You set a timer for 20 minutes and go through as many ladders as you can, so it is all self-paced.

I am currently doing an "experiment" of sorts using Geoff Neupert's King-Sized Killer program from his KB Express ebook. Despite the ominous name you do not need to kill yourself. One exercise only - the snatch. You set a timer for 20 minutes and go through as many ladders as you can, so it is all self-paced.
Link me to this!

You could modify your current program: reduce the number of reps per set, sets per workout and increase rest intervals. Maybe cut out some exercises. Gradually build back.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom