all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Got my first kettlebell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abraiz

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi all.

Finally got my first kettlebell. Can see now why kettlebells are so highly regarded. Did some swings and TGUs the day it arrived and of all things that could hurt, my neck was hurting the next day. Bought S&S and read it carefully, some parts many times over, and have finally started using the kettlebell. It is awesome. Had tried some swings earlier using dumbbells, but they never felt right and the back always hurt after using them. This has a totally different feel to it, closer to martial arts than to exercise. After the first workout, the back was sore in a good way as if I had done some high-rep back workout. The hamstrings were also feeling the same. Totally worth it.

I know it reads like a young kid's excitement (and I am not a young kid by any standard), but that is how I feel about it. Just thought I'd share with the folks over here.

T
Hi all.

Finally got my first kettlebell. Can see now why kettlebells are so highly regarded. Did some swings and TGUs the day it arrived and of all things that could hurt, my neck was hurting the next day. Bought S&S and read it carefully, some parts many times over, and have finally started using the kettlebell. It is awesome. Had tried some swings earlier using dumbbells, but they never felt right and the back always hurt after using them. This has a totally different feel to it, closer to martial arts than to exercise. After the first workout, the back was sore in a good way as if I had done some high-rep back workout. The hamstrings were also feeling the same. Totally worth it.

I know it reads like a young kid's excitement (and I am not a young kid by any standard), but that is how I feel about it. Just thought I'd share with the folks over here.
That's great! I started last winter. Didn't read S&S at that point. Did 160 swings and felt such soreness in my hamstrings that I could barely walk for two days. Never had it since.
As for your neck, you may want to ensure you aren't shrugging up your shoulder during the swing and TGU. Speaking from experience, this could be where that comes from.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom