all posts post new thread

Off-Topic GOT theories

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Glen

Level 6 Valued Member
Few days to go, surely someone else must be excited over this?

Have wasted my life watching 69 hours from episode one season one over the last seven weeks to recap. Amazing how much foreshadowing of future seasons was in first few seasons.

Who will win in the coming war? (think this will be done and over mid way through season 8)

Who will sit on the throne by last episode?

I am excited over it. I will binge watch it all when all the episodes have come out. It will be hard to stay in the dark on it. Maybe it'll prove so hard I have to watch it on a weekly basis. I am eager to see if there will be anyone left by the end.

People I feel will die 100%

Mountain
Jaime
Jon snow

Feel tyrion will live, Bron will live and get the freys old castle (called the twins and tyrion promised to double what others were offering)

Last edited:
Having watched several episodes again I am now convinced the mad King wasn't mad.

He stored wildfire throughout the city shouting burn them all - are the voices making him shout burn them all a Hodor momentum and its a three eyed raven influence? The wildfire being key in the upcoming battle?

I was interested to read a prediction that the Army of the Dead will be vanquished by mid season with the "final" battle to be between the living for the Iron Throne. That would be a surprise

Well think it's been confirmed the big battle is episode three. Kind of makes sense as the night King is pretty much a side note for large parts of previous seasons.

I'm not retracting my thoughts that Jaime will die but the current theory that he is azor ahai with cersei as nissa nissa, it also ties in with the valonqar that Cersei believes to be tyrion. Jaime was born after her. Too compelling and would be a great character redemption story

So, it's finally over. I actually think things turned out OK given how crap most of season 8 was. But it still boggles my mind how they just threw dozens of episodes worth of world building out of the window to get there. Just wow...

And the ending shot was real lame.

What does the SF-crew think? Just bad writing? Too little time to end the series in a better way? Or are you happy with S8 of GoT?

Think the final ending was fine, how it got there was too rushed. Needed another three episodes at least to flesh out some of the character arcs (Martin originally suggested thirteen seasons to tell the full story).

Individually some excellent scenes throughout season eight, but felt like they short cut a few crucial things.

Until the episode has aired fully around the world I won't make specific comments on things I found odd.

A bit disappointed with the last season. Though it was starting to get worse during the previous season. I have to commend the series that they lasted that long - it's unusual.

The standards and expectations were also sky high. Like you, I don't know why everything was so rushed. And still, even if things were rushed, I think there was too much fluff and the episodes concentrated too much on certain things. Maybe they just didn't have the content.

There were plenty of good parts. Some bad parts as well. In some ways I feel like the series lost the original spark, a certain mean edge, apart from the obvious part of it. The ending was too rosy for me. I expected far more heads rolling during the last season. I somehow felt like it was one of the trademarks earlier on.

@Antti: Yeah, there was plenty of bad writing and weird decisions. Without spoiling anything: saving one of the dragons to die during the siege would have made it much more plausible to escalate things so dramatically and would have made his death actually have an impact.

In addition to the last Seasons being so short part of the loss of quality can probably be explained by the fact they overtook all the content of the books in Season 6 and that the worked with a series that the author struggles to finish himself.

They had this really detailed and punishing world to work with that showed them how to move the story forward.

But once that was gone they had to tie up all the loose ends on their own, then get all the characters in the right place before giving us a happy-ever-after in only 6 episodes.

The conclusion of the "Game of thrones" (Iron Throne, The North, Black Watch/Beyon the Wall) made very little sense going by what the show has shown us this season. It's just something they had to put there because that's how it's supposed to end.

Don't know if you can fully blame not having exact book content to convert. Season five was were the books end and season six was pretty damn good in places.

Season eight was still better than most things on TV just not to the same standard as earlier seasons. However maybe the audience have matured and become a little less shocked/ amazed at major characters dying etc.

The one thing that annoyed me (spoiler) was Jon's punishment of being sent somewhere that the current ruler can't enforce as its now in a different country! But maybe that's their cunning plan (what he states to Arya doesn't portray this though)

Whilst there was many fan theories out there I felt a certain someone dying at a wedding due to the kitchen girl poisoning them would have been more apt (varys sends his regards)

I really didn't appreciate the happy ever after. All of the living main characters got their in part implausible dream endings. I'm not opposed to some of them having them, like I like the idea that the Grey Worm was tricked into thinking Jon was punished while he was in fact given what he wanted. But as a whole it's totally opposite of the vibe I got of the series, what draw me to it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom