all posts post new thread

Barbell GPP and hypertrophy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi
Greetings to the supporters of the iron game.
I'm sure everyone has already tried several programs so far...

My question is :
-Are you have knowledge of any program that can be followed for a long time and is acceptable to the nervous system?
My goal is Simple minimalist program for GPP and Hypertrophy?

-How to set the number of series and repetitions within the training and within the whole week?

My idea is Zercher Squat with Foor press or Deadlifth with Dips.
Simple and minimalist...
Thankyou for all advices and sources....

Don't make picking the program unnecessarily hard for you. The world is full of good programs. They all work. You have to put the work in yourself. Pick one, see what works in it at the moment and what does not, and adjust accordingly after a few months.

3-5 sets of 3-5 reps of sufficient effort is a good baseline. Train again when you have recovered to train again.

If neurological adaptation with hypertrophy is the goal, it might be adviseable to shoot for between 5-10 reps at a suitable resistance: You should be able to maintain good (but not necessarily perfect) form but the last rep or two should be hard.

I'm a big fan of the floor press, but I'd recommend dips for the greater range of motion. I'd combine those with pull-ups and some kind of squat but the choice is yours really.

There are a bunch of great programs/program design ideas on the StrongFirst blog that should give you some ideas.

i gain few kilos with 5x5 program from Pavel, with twice per week squat/ bench, and once per week deadlift. I believe if you want to gain muscle, you should search to do less, not more with the volume

If neurological adaptation with hypertrophy is the goal, it might be adviseable to shoot for between 5-10 reps at a suitable resistance: You should be able to maintain good (but not necessarily perfect) form but the last rep or two should be hard.

I'm a big fan of the floor press, but I'd recommend dips for the greater range of motion. I'd combine those with pull-ups and some kind of squat but the choice is yours really.

There are a bunch of great programs/program design ideas on the StrongFirst blog that should give you some ideas.
Thanks

thank you for the answers but we probably didn't understand...

I have experiences from S&S(5years about 40kg) and also Deadlifth(lot of years)...
But I can't create program without ides or experiences ...

Can you give me some sources of minimalist info??

If your goal is hypertrophy then you can just focus on hard sets, 3 to 5, preferably 5, close to failure. Vary the weight each set so the reps per set are anywhere from 5 to 25.

Then have a few days off and do it again.

In terms of exercise selection I'm a big fan of abbreviated training but I'd add a pulling exercise like a row or pull up. So it would be push/pull/squat or push/pull/deadlift.

Please report back on your progress!

If your goal is hypertrophy then you can just focus on hard sets, 3 to 5, preferably 5, close to failure. Vary the weight each set so the reps per set are anywhere from 5 to 25.

Then have a few days off and do it again.

In terms of exercise selection I'm a big fan of abbreviated training but I'd add a pulling exercise like a row or pull up. So it would be push/pull/squat or push/pull/deadlift.

Please report back on your progress!

Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom