all posts post new thread

Kettlebell GPP for Life and service

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello everyone
first of all, I want to thank everyone for their useful advice which I got in the previous question...

I will introduce briefly...I have 25 years 175cm and 80kg I am serve in military and also compete in martial art(Grappling,BJJ)and I train straight from my 13years all kind of strenght training(Bodyweight,later Barbell ,kettlbell and so...)
Last 5 years Iam dedicated Simple&Sinister 40kg for both swing and TGU ...But Iam
so far I have trained without context

But still I am young and here are some older guys with more experiences so I need help...I need find some program or context which give me GPP for life and my service...And how I can combine barbell with pull up and dips and also swings and snatches in one week?Are you have some ideas or sources?
Thanks for all advice...

Hi Can something give me advice for GPP from ourselfe experiences?
I train S&S for 5 years(40kg kettlbell)
But Iam still young a Here are more expeeiences people with lot more knowledge...
What you think about A+A snatch?

Do you have any experience in preparing for match,fight,or just service in rescue units or hard work in forest and so??

to understand me I looking for a simple protocol for instructions on how to put together a protocol for life to get an above-average fitness strength and toughness without injury and especially burn-out after mental and physical ...

Thank you for all your advice and your experience

First congrats! Five years of S&S and now you're doing it with bulldog (40 kg). I'm jeaulous. Keep doing what you do.(y)

Thanks...
it wasn't difficult for me to get to the weight ... Maybe it's because I have a good deadlifth I do regularly since I was 14...

But last year I
I started experimenting and currently my training is one big mix and I feel that I need find some new concept...Maybe A+A snatch protocol with some Pull up...I love pull ups :)

I read a lot of stuff about this protocol
it literally works miracles and really prepares man for everything life suits him ....

You might find this article interesting:

To Every Season: A Simple Way to Structure a Year of Training | StrongFirst

Your could cycle 12 week cycles. For instance: A+A + running for base building - S&S - Powerlifts - S&S. Or something like that. I will do something like this after my SFG.

Another alternative that might work for you is a program for the TSC.

Hmm that TSC sound great lets look...
Can you give some instruction about TSC from your experiences?
Thanks

Hmm that TSC sound great lets look...
Can you give some instruction about TSC from your experiences?
Thanks
I haven't participated in the TSC nor trained for it. But it seems to be aligned with your goals.

Check te article section, there are a few training plans there. There is also a TSC section in this forum

What you think about A+A snatch?
I think it could easily provide what you're looking for. Add in some low-intensity aerobic work and some occasional cycles of additional strength work when you feel like it (deadlifts, squats, pull ups, push ups, TGU's, loaded carries, etc). That should take care of things for the next few years ;)

You could also do A+A work 9-10 months out of the year, then peak your snatches, deadlifts, and pull ups about a 4-6 weeks out from each of the TSC's.

Remind me @Patrik Novák, have you ran a full cycle of A+A training yet, either snatches or swings? I know we've had a similar conversation before, but I can't remember what you done with A+A work so far.

I think it could easily provide what you're looking for. Add in some low-intensity aerobic work and some occasional cycles of additional strength work when you feel like it (deadlifts, squats, pull ups, push ups, TGU's, loaded carries, etc). That should take care of things for the next few years ;)

You could also do A+A work 9-10 months out of the year, then peak your snatches, deadlifts, and pull ups about a 4-6 weeks out from each of the TSC's.

Remind me @Patrik Novák, have you ran a full cycle of A+A training yet, either snatches or swings? I know we've had a similar conversation before, but I can't remember what you done with A+A work so far.

Hi man...Yeah
Yes in the past we wrote about a year ago about GPP and I started train A+A snatch protocol And I can say that its work very well!!After 8weeks of training A+A protocol with 32kg for 5reps for 20-24sets in one training I have verification from runnig and its very very good without running and special preparation....I didn't believe in getting such a result in such a short time...But I started to feel my elbow and later shoulders...

Aftter that I back up to S&S(40kg for swings and 32kg for TGU)...
Now I very expecting a new book by Pavel and maybe starting with the program because I need this ... Simple minimalist program.....

And what you train now?

Is there anyone who has the experience of incorporating Swings into the A + A protocol due to lacerations of arms or shoulders....

My point is Train every other day and rotate swings with TGU and A+A snatch protocol...what you think ?

Thankyou

The very early variations of A+A (at least the versions pioneered by @aciampa) had swings instead of snatches.
Snatches work better but swings are a close second! So if snatches A+A style bother you (they did bother me certainly in the beginning) go for swings instead of snatches!
I’d think you can alternate them but if you have issues you might as well do only swings for a while, you won’t lose much

The very early variations of A+A (at least the versions pioneered by @aciampa) had swings instead of snatches.
Snatches work better but swings are a close second! So if snatches A+A style bother you (they did bother me certainly in the beginning) go for swings instead of snatches!
I’d think you can alternate them but if you have issues you might as well do only swings for a while, you won’t lose much

Thank you.

Is there anyone who has the experience of incorporating Swings into the A + A protocol due to lacerations of arms or shoulders....

My point is Train every other day and rotate swings with TGU and A+A snatch protocol...what you think ?
I like it. I'll second @ClaudeR that swings work well for A+A work. Really, you can take an A+A approach to any total body exercise, even barbell lifts, bodyweight squat jumps, hill sprints, etc. Powerful movements (sprints, jumps, kettlebell ballistics) seem to work much better than grinding lifts (squats, deadlifts). Of all the powerful movements you can do, the snatch seems to hit all the major muscle groups in just the right way.

I do snatches right now (with some loaded carries and one-arm pushups mixed in), but I'll do A+A squat jumps and sprints when I'm traveling. I know plenty of folks who have gotten great results doing swings as they recover from certain injuries or learn proper snatch technique, and all of the early Strongfirst A+A experiments were done with swings.

For future reference, if snatching the 32 bothers your elbows and shoulders, you can try snatching the 28 or 24 really aggressively. A+A tends to focus on going heavy, but you can really get the same results by going a little lighter and moving the weight much faster. This also tends to be more joint-friendly. I'm actually doing that with my training right now. I could move up to the next size, but I'm going to spend another month or three focusing on speed and aggression before I move up in weight. No reason to tempt injury when I can still squeeze high quality training out of the 'bell that I'm using right now.

I like it. I'll second @ClaudeR that swings work well for A+A work. Really, you can take an A+A approach to any total body exercise, even barbell lifts, bodyweight squat jumps, hill sprints, etc. Powerful movements (sprints, jumps, kettlebell ballistics) seem to work much better than grinding lifts (squats, deadlifts). Of all the powerful movements you can do, the snatch seems to hit all the major muscle groups in just the right way.

I do snatches right now (with some loaded carries and one-arm pushups mixed in), but I'll do A+A squat jumps and sprints when I'm traveling. I know plenty of folks who have gotten great results doing swings as they recover from certain injuries or learn proper snatch technique, and all of the early Strongfirst A+A experiments were done with swings.

For future reference, if snatching the 32 bothers your elbows and shoulders, you can try snatching the 28 or 24 really aggressively. A+A tends to focus on going heavy, but you can really get the same results by going a little lighter and moving the weight much faster. This also tends to be more joint-friendly. I'm actually doing that with my training right now. I could move up to the next size, but I'm going to spend another month or three focusing on speed and aggression before I move up in weight. No reason to tempt injury when I can still squeeze high quality training out of the 'bell that I'm using right now.

Hmm interesting
...Thank you
Wish you lot of strenght and health

Are you train also some Kettlbell press with snatches or just Snatches and carries in protocol?

Are you train also some Kettlbell press with snatches or just Snatches and carries in protocol?
I still go by the “big pull and press” idea that Pavel brought up quite some time ago. I’m currently working on the one-arm pushup instead of the KB military press for a couple reasons. The first reason is that the OAPU challenges the front of my body more, which I think is a nice contrast to the snatch. The other reason is that, as my snatch improves, my press also improves whether I train it or not. Something about catching heavy weight over and over in the overhead position seems to have considerable carryover to the military press. I also don’t do much in the way of TGU’s anymore, because I think the snatch covers a lot of the same bases with regard to shoulder mobility and stability.

In your case, if you’re inclined to focus on swings for a while instead of snatches, then the TGU or military press would both be very good options, as would the the OAPU, bent press, or push press. You really can't go wrong.

I just recently added the carries back into the mix recently, so I can’t say how useful they are. I’m treating them as an accessory lift, just doing 2 or 3 carries of various kinds each session.

For whatever it's worth, the last page of my log (here) has the last few months of my training. It's pretty repetitive, but it will give you a clear idea of how I do things. As far as A+A work goes, my volume is on the lower end of the spectrum.

I also write my friend Harald Motz but he dont write me back so far....
It appears that Mr. Motz has been away for a bit...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom