all posts post new thread

Kettlebell GPP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello everyone I want ask you for some Effective Program for Firefighters and hard working man(Construction work,Work in Forest).
I can Train everyday but I prefer train early in the morning...
I will train 5 years S&S program(36kg for TGU,Swing My BW-81kg)For me good program really work...
The more I look for the more I find out from modern training plans they are inefficiently in long term
Thankyou for your answers.....

@Patrik Novák, we have many, many GPP articles on our site. Do some searches.

Kettlebell Simple and Sinister could also be very good for you.

-S-

Hello @Patrik Novák

I am a wildland firefighter, although more overhead now then ground pounding firefighter. When I switched from a heavy HITT model 5 days a week to a S&S on the off season 4 years ago I saw a marked difference. I could not hit the top end the way I use to, but I could work hard all day all summer without feeling broken or regularly getting sick. Those summers where 900 ish hours of overtime over 6 months on top of a 40 hour work week. The job was pretty much 40# on our back working all day, hoping for 6-7 hours of sleep, generally in hot conditions and consistently dehydrated. Boy do I miss those days....

So I bought in to Strongfirsts logic after that summer. My off seasons have been S&S 4-5 times a week, MAF running and rucking, and some weighted carries for the last several winters. This winter I have switched to A+A snatching 4 times a week, with the above auxiliary exercises.

During the season I have the captains follow a general scheme of 2 days of Long Slow Distance (run or ruck), 2 days of strength (1 day body weight, 1 day of heavy carries with recovery runs between stations), and 1 day of anaerobic session (hose pulls, sprints). That is not a program but it works for 14 firefighters at a remote station.

This is what has worked for me, your experience may be different. There are a lot of very experienced smart people on this forum that can help or point you in the correct direction, such as the post from @pet' and @Steve Freides. The important thing is consistency and time, stick with something for an off season and see what it does.

kgk

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom