all posts post new thread

Nutrition Grass Fed Protein Powder

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

The Nail

Level 7 Valued Member
Hello,

Has anybody a decent tasting grass fed whey protein powder they can recommend?

Thanks

I'll suggest that if the reason is nutritional, you might be better off to spend the money on grass-fed meat than whey powder. Since fat is the main difference with grass-fed, and whey powder has only about 1g of fat per scoop with 20g protein, there's really not a significant difference IMO.

However if your reason is environmental impact, then that is a different story and that fact wouldn't be relevant.

I'll suggest that if the reason is nutritional, you might be better off to spend the money on grass-fed meat than whey powder. Since fat is the main difference with grass-fed, and whey powder has only about 1g of fat per scoop with 20g protein, there's really not a significant difference IMO.
You are correct. I'm already eating 1.0 - 1.5 pounds of grass fed & finished animal products a day. I started buying in bulk from US Wellness Meats a while ago. Ended up saving money on my monthly food costs. Their stuff is grass fed & grass finished, and is absolutely delicious.

I'm looking for a way to add a couple hundred calories a day without having to invest more time in food preparation or resort to eating more carbs.
I was eating a full pound of meat for dinner for a while, which worked great but that much meat in the evening seemed to negatively impact my sleep. Probably because by the time I train, I don't get to eat dinner until after 7pm. I figured a protein powder would be a good solution, and thought that a grass fed whey might be easier on my stomach. The protein powders I've tried in the past don't sit well with me.

--

Thanks @Abdul Rasheed, I'll look into those. Do you know of any flavored grass fed whey powders that are good?

Maybe eat half of your meat in the morning. Whatever you were trying to eat for dinner, save half of it for the next morning and have it for breakfast.

It is easy to get protein with a whey powder shake whenever you need more. If you can afford the extra calories, add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. It shakes right up with milk and whey powder and makes it delicious! :)

Maybe eat half of your meat in the morning. Whatever you were trying to eat for dinner, save half of it for the next morning and have it for breakfast.
There are several problems to this approach:
  1. It's way too common sense
  2. It's way too simple
  3. It's way too smart
  4. It's way too elegant
  5. ROFL
I'll give this a shot, thanks Anna.

Have you tried Great Lakes gelatin? I use it and think it is better as it is almost pure protein and also good for joints.

I'm looking for a way to add a couple hundred calories a day without having to invest more time in food preparation or resort to eating more carbs.

Food for thought : / ?
I get Kirkland protein bars from Costco, they have a realistic 200 + calories with 21 g protein isolate and 1 g sugar. My friend says they rate high on Labdoor but I haven't looked myself. They really work in a pinch, if I finish training and have to bolt out the door etc.. If your energetic enough to peel the wrapper off they work pretty well, especially for lazy (tired?) people like me:cool:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom