all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Grease the Groove

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DB0102

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey everyone, I have some questions about how I can incorporate the grease the groove concept into my workouts. I’m in the military, so push up and pull up numbers are my main focus. I was just curious if GTG is a supplementary workout? Like something I should do throughout the day in addition to my workout? Or should I do say 50 pull ups a day/7 days a week, but have like 5 mins of rest between each set of 5. Just curious on some ideas of how to really organize everything I’ve read from Pavel into an actual workout. Thanks!

Hey everyone, I have some questions about how I can incorporate the grease the groove concept into my workouts. I’m in the military, so push up and pull up numbers are my main focus. I was just curious if GTG is a supplementary workout? Like something I should do throughout the day in addition to my workout? Or should I do say 50 pull ups a day/7 days a week, but have like 5 mins of rest between each set of 5. Just curious on some ideas of how to really organize everything I’ve read from Pavel into an actual workout. Thanks!

All programs are really based on what you can recover from. You are more likely to be able to keep going with a set every half hour. If you do them all day, it could be your main workout. If you do a few a day while following another program then it is supplemental. If your goal is the pushups and pullups then it could really be your focus. They key is perfect practice not trashing yourself. Strict full body tension. You will probably need a different mindset from the tradtiional military approach.

You can do the Pushups and Pullup in a GTG fashion or have it as your main workout.
Per Pavel it is recommended to only GTG with 2 skills at one time so you can do the push and pull.

The key to GTG is that you are working throughout the day at about 50 % of your Max. So it would not require you to warm up. When your speed or form goes you call it quits for the day.

example: if 10 Pullups is your max, you could do sets of 5 throughout the day.
If you want them to be your main workout the I would recommend the Fighter Pullup program.

Hope that helps.

Hello @DB0102 and welcome to the forum.
I use GTG every two weeks with Push-ups with great result. The last two-week block increased my RM up to 70, and I did 8-10 sets of 30 reps.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom