all posts post new thread

Old Forum Great affirmation this week

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

03swing21

Level 1 Valued Member
Greetings everyone. I wanted to take a second to share a story of S&S's surprising carryover to other events. It is subjective for sure but perhaps someone may find it encouraging.

So I went on a 9 mile conditioning hike at work this week. We normally hike for 3 miles, take a 10 minute break then take off again and wash/rinse/repeat until the desired distance is completed. I have been on a stead diet of S&S for the last two months, reaching the simple goal just last week. I have ran very little and and hiked even less over that time span. With that said, about 10 minutes into our second leg, I had an "aha" moment when realizing how fresh my legs really were. It was pretty much like starting the hike from scratch. Same for our third and final leg. Guys were dropping like flies left and right and I just kept walking, the whole while thinking of how short and simple (no pun intended) my training has been lately. Its very encouraging for sure and if anyone is in doubt of this program's/website's effectiveness, cast all doubt aside and jump in head first. You will be pleased with the results.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom