all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Great Lakes Girya Kettlebells Review

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Max Parish

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hello, All -

A while ago I purchased some bells from Great Lakes Girya, and I said on a different thread that I would post a review when they arrived. That thread was closed, so I'm posting a link to the review here.

My review of GLG bells

In the full review I compare GLG bells to some other brands, and I provide plenty of pictures. Here, I'll just say that I am very happy with GLG bells (as others here said I would be), and would recommend them to anyone.

Max

allbells-1.JPG

Last edited:
Great review! I keep hearing good things about their bells. They are truly beautiful. Not sure why your other thread was closed.

That’s was an awesome, thorough review. I’m sure Colin appreciates you. And I’m extremely happy you like the kettlebells. They are also my favorite.

Thanks for the detailed review! I ordered a 16 & 32kg on pre-order...Since it will be a wait do to COVID and Stock I decided to order a 32kg as well. Their products look to be top quality and at an unreal price. (No I don't work for them, lol)

I really like the finish and I only wish that the back wasn't flat (purely aesthetic reasons). I'll be sure to post my thoughts and pictures when mine come in. Thanks again for the review.

I really like the finish and I only wish that the back wasn't flat (purely aesthetic reasons). I'll be sure to post my thoughts and pictures when mine come in. Thanks again for the review.
Thanks! I'll look forward to reading your review.

Thanks for the write up. I've been shopping for a pair of 28s and these are now very high on my list. All of my other KBs are from KBUSA and I have been 100% pleased with them. These do look very competitive though.

@Max Parish

Hello, I read up your review and had a question about your GLG 24kg bell. How big is the window? I just received one for my brother and the window seemed small compared to the GLG 16kg and to yours. When I contacted them I had a short answer telling me they had mistakenly sent me a 600mm and a 700mm and nothing else. I'm a bit perplexed by this.

You can see it's about 2½ inches bellow the handle and 4 inches to the top.

IMG_0138.JPG

@Benjamin Renaud - Glad you got a reply. And apologies this is so late, but just so the info is here (now I'm seeing some paralax error, but between the two photos, you can get a general idea):

View attachment 13159

View attachment 13160
Is your 16kg the same dimension? That's what was bothering me, the 2 handle and window sizes being so different between the 2 bells they first sent out. They ended up sending out another 24kg with a smaller diameter handle and thus bigger window which better matched the 16kg. That way when doing uneven doubles work or just when switching sizes the difference won't be as marked.

The other 24kg bell was sent back.

Thanks for your previous answer.

Thanks for the write up. I've been shopping for a pair of 28s and these are now very high on my list. All of my other KBs are from KBUSA and I have been 100% pleased with them. These do look very competitive though.
@ShawnyUT - Did you end up buying the pair of 28s? I need a 28k now and am wondering how the handle diameter differs between the GLG 24k and 28k.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom