all posts post new thread

Nutrition Greens and flavour

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Glen

Level 6 Valued Member
akways trying to get more greens in the diet but also love to make them more indulgent.

my favourite two are

blanched spring greens - butter, garlic and balsamic vinegar

minted broccoli - just a teaspon of mint sauce over the broccoli, the mint and vinegar just elevate this to divine levels.

anyone else got good simple ways to improve green veg?

Just finished a fine meal of rump steak with a cream cheese sauce, potato rosti, roasted peppers and tomatoes and broccoli. The broccoli was blanched, dried, cooled and flash fried on high heat in coconut oil, garlic, some mixed seeds and juice of a lime. Sub in nuts v seeds. Wanted to use sliced almonds but didn't have any, so a few seeds it was. Don't overcook it, a quick 1 min or so on very high and put the lime on at the end, quick swirl around and serve it up.....bon appetit.

akways trying to get more greens in the diet but also love to make them more indulgent.

my favourite two are

minted broccoli - just a teaspon of mint sauce over the broccoli, the mint and vinegar just elevate this to divine levels.

Sliced green and red cabbage
Sliced garlic
Salt/Pepper
Sauté in coconut oil
Optional: add pecans while cooking and/or pieces of bacon cooked separately. (Mind you adding bacon improves almost anything)

Kale chips -- wash kale leaves, dry and break into palm-sized or smaller pieces, mix in salt, pepper, and olive oil until leaves are barely coated, put in the oven at 200-300 degrees until crispy. Might have to turn them once or twice while baking. Very tasty.

my favourite two are

Grilled asparagus with olive oil
Drizzle balsamic vinegar when done
Salt/pepper

I just love pouring melted butter on steamed green beans and broccoli. Maybe a dash of (cayenne) pepper and salt to taste. The result is something I could eat nearly all day, every day. Add some quality meat of your choice and you have a great dish.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom