all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Grip strength correlated to intelligence

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Paul Sellers

Level 5 Valued Member
Now this is interesting. A Doctor at Manchester University in the UK has discovered there is a strong correlation between grip strength and cognitive functionality. His study found that "in the general population, maximal grip strength was positively and significantly related to visual memory, reaction time, reasoning, number memory and prospective memory" (Firth, J, Stubbs, B, Davy Vancampfort, Firth, JA, Large, M, Rosenbaum, S, Hallgren, M, Ward, PB, Sarris, J & Yung, A 2018, 'Grip strength is associated with cognitive performance in schizophrenia and the general population: a UK Biobank study of 476,559 participants.' Schizophrenia Bulletin.).

Interesting stuff. One more reason to stay strong throughout life - to do anything you must be strong first, even thinking.

Interesting study.

Maybe solid grip strength is a good indicator of someone whose general attitude to life involves getting things done and taking care of business; someone who opens their own jam jars, for example, and, possibly, relies less on assistance from others in their day-to-day activities.

Maybe solid grip strength is a good indicator of someone whose general attitude to life involves getting things done and taking care of business; someone who opens their own jam jars, for example, and, possibly, relies less on assistance from others in their day-to-day activities.

My wife doesn't open her own jars or carry her own shopping bags. I do all that for her. Yet according to this study I am the smart one

I think money time and effort was wasted in doing this study... Because its known for decades if not centuries that exercise is good for the brain. Its only logical.

I think money time and effort was wasted in doing this study... Because its known for decades if not centuries that exercise is good for the brain. Its only logical.

I agree and would go farther to say that it's crazy how much money is spent to "prove" these theories.

All kidding aside, how about, "It's smart to take care of your body."

-S-

Reactions: jef
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom