all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Groin/hip flexor soreness in the morning

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nacho

Level 6 Valued Member
Overall I`m doing great and progressing with S&S but I have this rather weird issue.

When I wake up and get out of bed, my whole midsection feels sore and weak.
While driving to work (30mins), my groin and front of the hip start to feel this very uncomfortable burning/tightness. Sometimes its more adductors and sometimes front of the hip or closer to the groin.
When I get out of my car, Im thinking there is no way Im going to be able to train today.
Then I walk around, do some OS resets and before lunch I feel like Im ready for anything again.

I have been doing S&S for over a year with couple of small breaks and now been consistent with it for 4 months and using 28kg for both exercises.
This has been going on for many weeks now and I wonder if there is something I could do to fix it.

I have had this once for 3 days or so (edit: only the groin part). In my case I could relieve it by taking a slightly wider stance and by focussing on the weight distribution on my feet. Turned out that I was rolling onto the outside of my right foot in the back swing.

I have had this once for 3 days or so (edit: only the groin part). In my case I could relieve it by taking a slightly wider stance and by focussing on the weight distribution on my feet. Turned out that I was rolling onto the outside of my right foot in the back swing.

Interesting... I will experiment my feet weight distribution a bit on todays session.

Ok, I dont think thats the issue. ? But I experimented with some stretches after todays session and found out my hamstring were rather tight. Maybe that could play a role... ?

@Nacho, it sounds like it would be good for you to get some feedback. Perhaps a video here, perhaps a session with an SFG, perhaps a visit with a PT or MD to make sure everything is OK. Last but not least, perhaps add some stretching after your S&S sessions are finished.

-S-

@Nacho, it sounds like it would be good for you to get some feedback. Perhaps a video here, perhaps a session with an SFG, perhaps a visit with a PT or MD to make sure everything is OK. Last but not least, perhaps add some stretching after your S&S sessions are finished.

-S-
Thanks for your suggestions Steve! If stretching doesnt help, we’ll see whats next. ? I have found many tight muscles in my legs and hips during last couple of days, so I hope the streching/massage will help.

Seems like I have pretty much fixed the issue and learned something while doing so. I read a book called ”roll model” by Jill Miller.

I have used lacrosse ball or similar to treat trigger points on my calves, hammies, guads, adductors, glutes, hip flexors and back for almost a week. I feel like a new man! Not only does my groin feel much better, but everything else also. And I started to use 32kg bell also last sunday and swings feel good and powerfull. I have never felt like stretching does much for me and I have actually always been rather flexible anyways. Seems like my might like this ”myofascial release stuff” better... At least based on this short period.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom