all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Groin Strain During Turkish Get-up

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mikhail

Level 2 Valued Member
What is it? A groin strain is an injury or tear to any of the adductor muscles of the thigh. These are the muscles on the inner side of the thigh. Sudden movements usually trigger an acute groin strain, such as kicking, twisting to change direction while running, or jumping. Athletes are most at risk for this injury.

I got it when my hips swayed to one side while going from the lunge position to standing tall in the getup.

It had happened before, but I recovered in a day or 2. This time it is worse, but i think i will be fine in a week.

Anyone else has this issue, and any to prevent in future?

@Mikhail, I am not a medical professional but I have heard that groin strains can take longer than other, similar kinds of injuries to heal, so medical care and patience would be my advice to you.

-S-

nd any to prevent in future?

A conscious effort to get tight just before standing up, especially tightening the abs and pulling the legs in towards each other in the lunge position just before initiating a stand-up can help. Also making sure your feet aren't too far apart. Most of the time this means moving the front foot in a bit so that both legs are at 90 degrees or maybe even a tiny bit closer together than that.

Fast and good healing to you! I strained an adductor recently when trying to do Bulgarian split squats for the first time. I had to skip deadlifts and any kind of squat for a little over a week, but then it was fine, I ramped up the weights slowly over a few sessions back to normal, and I haven't had any more trouble with it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom