all posts post new thread

Bodyweight GTG bodyweight half squats? worth it or not?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I would recommend SLDL and you could also add pistol progressions (like getting up from your chair and lowering back into your chair all day online on one leg) just alternate which leg each time. :)

I would recommend SLDL and you could also add pistol progressions (like getting up from your chair and lowering back into your chair all day online on one leg) just alternate which leg each time. :)

Good suggestion. Working toward a pistol might be more motivating as well. For others Karen has some good materials on single leg deadlifts. The Single-leg Deadlift: The Most Underutilized and Powerful Skill | StrongFirst

EDIT

Karen has tons of pistol progressions on youtube. I think I can do some reps on stairs (one of the progressions), off my chair etc. throughout the day before and after teaching and in my office. Combined with skater squats and single leg deadlift, it seems like you could build a decent base with GTG throughout the day before taking it on as a priority. My priority now is a planstrong pressing program throught the day in my office. I break up the sets. It is going really well. The volume is not a problem and only challenging one day a week. It seems like it is the case of a minimum effective dose. Fabio at the seminar told us that if strength is our focus rest periods don't really need to be programmed so much so we can space our reps throughout the day. Apparently, some trainers do their workout in ten minute blocks between clients he said.

I have to get away from the screen every half hour or so anyway, so this made me think about constant GTG strategies. If you have your own office, do a lot of freelance work, are self-employed, etc. then this seems especially like a fantastic supplement to your main lifts. Even if I don't get to the full pistol, it certainly can't hurt.

Last edited:
I would like to do GTG bodyweight squats or maybe goblet squats throughout my workday. ......

Hey Guardian7, I've had a lot of experience with G-T-G and I can tell you that you do not need to do sets throughout the day for it to be effective. I used to get up in the morning GTG a set and an hour later before leaving for work, I'd GTG another. When I got home, I'd GTG another 2-3 sets maybe sometimes four sets about 60 - 120 minutes apart. Then on weekends, I'd GTG 7-10 sets every 90-120 minutes. I always made sure I did a minimum of 4 sets and made excellent progress.

Hey Guardian7, I've had a lot of experience with G-T-G and I can tell you that you do not need to do sets throughout the day for it to be effective. I used to get up in the morning GTG a set and an hour later before leaving for work, I'd GTG another. When I got home, I'd GTG another 2-3 sets maybe sometimes four sets about 60 - 120 minutes apart. Then on weekends, I'd GTG 7-10 sets every 90-120 minutes. I always made sure I did a minimum of 4 sets and made excellent progress.

That is a good point. I scatter sets of my press plan during the day, but even modest but daily volume will help you are right. Maybe one set GTG one set mobility.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom