all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Not you worry, if you do swings you are not skipping upper body pulls all that much. Albeit indirectly, you train them!
You're right. And on the other hand, my physiotherapy starts soon again and we're going to do some rows and lat pulldowns there etc.

inclined push ups 20, 20
leg raises 15, 14

Push ups slowly becoming challenging. Surprised by smooth progress with leg raises.

Was driving car for 10+ hours last two days. Normally I had ended up with stiff left knee,
this time everything went fine. I attribute it to the squatting again, after long, long time.

Last edited:
inclined push ups 21, 21, 10
leg raises 16, 15

Added third set of push ups and got sore immediately after finishing it.

Really happy with leg raises but there is one problem. Next step, after 2x20 reps, is hanging knee raises
and as I've already mentioned I have nothing to hang from. Food for thoughts.

half squats 26, 26
horizontal pull ups 3x10

Huffing and puffing for couple of minutes after squat sets, but legs are perfectly fine.

Pull ups' progress will march according its own drums as I see it.

I am not @masa but also homebrewer :). I think that big pot (which you probably already have), a fermenting bucket and few accessories would do it for some basic brewing from extracts. I bought my first equipment for about 20 eur.

Homebrewing is awesome hobby, but I heard that you have a limit of 200L per household yearly in Czech, the horror!

Last edited:
The brewpot is the biggest expense however you go, after that a bunch of plastic buckets, some plastic tubing, a bottlecapper.

If you use copper tubing to cool it down this will also cost a few dollars - not absolutely necessary but is a huge help in quickly cooling the wert. Also need an adapter for a faucet, a few tubing clamps.

You can spend a lot more (I am considering buying a turkey fryer so I can do my boil in the garage) but mostly the pot, buckets, bottlecapper. If doing extract brewing you can actually use a bunch of smaller pots and not have to boil one large one.

I did a few batches using extract syrup and a few using powdered extract, after that switched over to all grain. It doesn't take a lot of extra stuff to do all grain brewing with malted barley, especially if the local supply shop will let you grind the barley on site. Is a lot cheaper as well, at least where I live, had my cost down to 50cents/beer for 6% porter or 4-5% rye ale in 7 gallon batches.

Haven't brewed in a bunch of years though - steams up the house but good and I need to move it outside if I'm going to start back up. My current electric stove would take all day to bring my pot to a boil.

Back
Top Bottom