all posts post new thread

Kettlebell GTG combined with program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kaptajnos

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello all you handsome swingers

i got a question regarding Greasing the groove.

Would it be too much to use GTG To improve pullups/pushups whilst running a 3 times a week Geoff N Program. ?

I would love to implement some GTG on my work to improve my pullups, but im curently running Total Body blast 3 times a week ( on week 10) and i have no idea if it would be ok or waay over to top :)

Thx in advance

Hugs from Denmark

Morty

Hello @kaptajnos

Not necessarily. There is some sort of rule of thumb here. As long as you keep the goal the goal (GN's program) and as long as you are progressing toward it, you can add pretty much anything you want.

Here, this is just a matter of recovery. If you start stalling or even regressing, feeling discomfort / pain, fatigued, etc... then you have to scale down the secondary goal (GTG) to keep progressing on GN.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' Thanks for the Wise words :)
TBH its already damn tough just running TBB, and im kinda hitting the wall already ... so i better keep it down with the GTG for now

Total body blast already has chinups/pullups included.

Perhaps if you were a bit more specific as to what you want to achieve, we can give you better answers

@Mark Limbaga
it was mostly a curiosity question regarding GTG, as i love the concept but wasnt quite sure if it should be run as a standalone kinda program, or you could just slab it in anywhere more or less :)
Back in the days i was doin Barbell training, kinda used it between sets just jumping up doing a few Pullsups, whilst on ex Sqauts Cooldown
The TBB im running is "only" chinups, i always forget to do the towel pulls(my bad) and for me doing chinups isnt helping my pull up progression at all( i may just be doin em all wrong). Dont know if you tryed running the TBB- but it gets super tough now, as the ladders changes from 1-5 to 2-3-5-10 on heavy day, no way im hitting 10 presses/chins/squats :p

@Mark Limbaga
it was mostly a curiosity question regarding GTG, as i love the concept but wasnt quite sure if it should be run as a standalone kinda program, or you could just slab it in anywhere more or less :)
Back in the days i was doin Barbell training, kinda used it between sets just jumping up doing a few Pullsups, whilst on ex Sqauts Cooldown
The TBB im running is "only" chinups, i always forget to do the towel pulls(my bad) and for me doing chinups isnt helping my pull up progression at all( i may just be doin em all wrong). Dont know if you tryed running the TBB- but it gets super tough now, as the ladders changes from 1-5 to 2-3-5-10 on heavy day, no way im hitting 10 presses/chins/squats :p

I ran it briefly for a period..

If you can't make 10 another ladder you can use is 2,3 on light, 2,3,5 on medium and 2,4,6 heavy..

The fine print says those are maximums and absolutes :)

Thanks Again. Will deffo try 2 4 6 on heavy ? im doing double presses instead of singles dunno if thats makes any difference

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom