all posts post new thread

Bodyweight GTG Mobility work

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SamTX

Level 5 Valued Member
I love watching basketball on TV. I mean I LOVE it. I'm looking for new mobility work (floor, standing, hanging) to use during the marathon sessions that are about to start so that I don't feel so guilty about my television indulgence. I have a few of my own that I've picked up over the years from OS, GMB, etc. , but the collective wisdom of this forum is light years ahead of me.

If there are any standard moves that work in a GTG format, please post them here. Thank you. Be strong. Be well.

I love watching basketball on TV. I mean I LOVE it. I'm looking for new mobility work (floor, standing, hanging) to use during the marathon sessions that are about to start so that I don't feel so guilty about my television indulgence. I have a few of my own that I've picked up over the years from OS, GMB, etc. , but the collective wisdom of this forum is light years ahead of me.

If there are any standard moves that work in a GTG format, please post them here. Thank you. Be strong. Be well.
@Pavel Macek Leopard.

Several parts to the Attia-Schwartzman series.

And the Foundation Training 12 minute series.

Could do them during the commercials, and then pick up where you left off.

Last edited:

Work on your splits. Sit in a split for long enough to "wait out the tension."

-S-

Work on your splits. Sit in a split for long enough to "wait out the tension."
I have never considered working on splits. This might be a a fun thing to try.

(tonight I did 3 three point bridges (GMB is the source) per side for every three pointer (see what I did there?) made by either team.)

Have you tried the WeckMethod? All you need is a rope and some space. Perfect for mobility and coordination. Makes your brain work and opens shoulder and hip joints.

First of all, I share your passion. However, living in Germany I watch most games the next day.

Anyway, you seem to have all the tools you need.

First principle: It feels good to feel good.

Things to do while watching:
  • OS resets: Rocking, TV watching position, marching in place, standing cross-crawls, some baby crawling, neck nods.
  • Passive stretches (waiting out the tension): straddle pancake, hanging
  • Contract-relax: Lunge stretch, good morning stretch, pigeon pose with upright torso
  • Breathing: Straw breathing (Second Wind), Hypoxic holds (Second Wind), box breathing
Things to do during breaks:
  • All of the above...
  • Yoga and meditation (Phil Jackson would approve)
  • GMB elements (Dirk Nowitzki did his share of frog leaps)
  • Trifecta from Convict Conditioning 2
  • Crawling
  • Shoe GU
  • mini sets of Swings (sets of 3)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom