all posts post new thread

Bodyweight GTG - OAPU - Naked Warrior

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

marco

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi guys, I will attend the SFB certification in Italy next December.
I am practicing GTG for the OA(OL)PU in the NW. Before the press (I am doing dead start now) I tense every muscle but I want to ask if is normal that the gluteus of the leg opposite to the pressing arm lose a little of tension during the press because the quad (antagonist) fire up a lot?
Thanks, mr

Are you doing your oaolpu from the floor?

If yes, try practicing from an appropriate elevation and see if you can maintain tension throughout the move.

Did a google search and couldnt find a good guide to OAOLPU - anyone have guidance?

Used to be able to do these (reps) but since barbell lifting and an extra 10kg of bodyweight I find I'm struggling

Thanks for the answers. I know these progressions Glen, I came from there, thank you.
In physiology when you contract a muscle the antagonist relax. In SF we must keep every (possible) muscle contracted. And my question is if when you Mark do a OAPU your opposite gluteus relax accordingly to the nervous system or you are able to keep it tight?

Are you doing your oaolpu from the floor?

If yes, try practicing from an appropriate elevation and see if you can maintain tension throughout the move.
Mark, I do them from the floor, I just tried, the gluteus relax!

I keep it contracted..

think of the oaolpu as a moving plank.

if you struggle keeping your glutes tight try these

1. hardstyle plank, fast and loose then test your oaolpu

2. oaolpu from and incline and see which elevation allows you to keep glutes tight all throughout

SFB Bodyweight Quiz!

a) Write the name of the athlete
b) Write how many one arm (two fingers) pushup Bruce Lee does

Winner gets 10.000 swings with the Beast!

giphy.gif

Practice progressions that help you maintain tension and full body linkage. Build a solid PLANK foundation prior to moving (loading) the movement. The relaxing or "tension leakage" is a hole that needs to be filled. :) Picking different variations and progressions will help you find these leaking spots.
ex. Ground up to sticking point, Slow negative to sticking point, elevation for full range of movement to build volume with good form.

Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom