all posts post new thread

Bodyweight GTG program idea

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Luigib

Level 3 Valued Member
Hello, I wanted to hear from people who have been in training for a long time; What do you think if I do a GTG program with for example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Pull-ups and Squats and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Abs, push-ups?
Do you think it would be a smart program that would bring good results? Or if not, without doing GTG?
Sincerely, Luigi.

Just to make sure that you have the definition of GTG right.
It is mainly used when you want to improve the number of reps for an exercise and it is used for strength (I would choose something else for hypertrophy). So you perform 50% of the max number of reps with a break of around 15 minutes or more for multiple sets throughout the day, as Pavel explained it.
So it will bring results if you can stick to it.
As for results, what type of results are you expecting?
Where are you starting and where do you want to get?

Hello, I wanted to hear from people who have been in training for a long time; What do you think if I do a GTG program with for example, Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Pull-ups and Squats and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Abs, push-ups?
Do you think it would be a smart program that would bring good results? Or if not, without doing GTG?
Sincerely, Luigi.
GTG achieves high volume through, in part, doing the movement every day. I would pick 2 or 3 exercises to GTG with. You could, e.g., GTG with pullups, squats, and pushups. Save the ab exercises for once or twice a week.

-S-

@daniel vintila So, I go with: Chin-up: 3x3, push-ups: 3x8, squats: 2x20, hanging leg raise: 3x5. And I would like to improve myself with these movements, and especially the pull-ups!

@Steve Freides Thank you so much. I bought the body weight program from the Strongfirst site and only am having a hard time figuring out how to set up the training, what progression to start with etc ...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom