all posts post new thread

Kettlebell GTG swings?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Nice - quite a few approaches, and interesting to see the commonalities as well as the differences.

-S-

in my experience, nothing directly improves snatch test performance like snatching a heavier bell. Nothing. This is only my observation.

This is illustrative of a point I have seen many times and have tried to explain to other people many times... strength IS conditioning. Within reasonable limits the stronger athlete will get more reps in a set time. Take the NFL bench press test, 225 lbs for reps. Who is conditioned to put up a better number, the lineman that can 1 rep 500 or the lineman that can 1 rep 405? Strength is conditioning. Another bonus to following the strongfirst methods of strength development and practice.

A quick update. I was gtg with the snatches for a while but as my press volume increased it became too much for my shoulders to continue both. I'm going to be doing gtg SW with a 32 (not heavy to me but I don't have anything bigger at work) for the time being but I'll come back to this type of training when I sink my 1/2 bw press. How is it working out for anyone else giving gtg SW a go?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom