all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Gymnastic bridge progressions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marius_Lefter

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi to everyone.

Long time since I have been present around here. With regard to my previous posts, I am happy to report that my elbows, wrists and shoulders are very very well, received proper training from Hector Guttierez, Jr. (fantastic instructor, coach and friend) regarding swing, goblet squats and front squats, get-ups si press.

Now I train them with S&S and some clean&press practice (10-20 minute before each S&S session).

The reason I am here is this: I have re-read an article by Pavel Macek, in which he laid out a 3-month comprehensive program for beginners. This one: A Comprehensive 3-Month Plan for Beginner Group Lessons | StrongFirst.

In the section regarding the corrective stretching that he prescribes he lists Gymnastic bridge and progressions leading to it, all-in-one drill, strengthening the posterior chain, stretching the anterior chain.

My question is this: where can I find the progressions for gymnastic bridge approved by the Party?

Thank you all,

Marius

From zero to hero progressions are part of StrongFirst RESILIENT special event based on Pavel's teaching that I developed for StrongFirst. Different drills may unlock the bridge for different people; on the other hand, some regressions may be very useful for folks who can already do full bridge. Here is the list of the drills we cover at StrongFirst RESILIENT:
  • The Spine Decompression Hang
  • SFG Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch
  • Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch with a Kettlebell Overhead
  • Hip Flexor/Quad Stretch
  • Rib Pull, Brettzel, Armbar, Bent Armbar
  • SFL T-Spine Extension Drill
  • Cobra & Cat Stretch
  • Elevated Catch Stretch
  • Loaded Lat Stretch and T- Spine Mobility Drill
  • Kneeling Wrist Stretches
  • Elevated Bridge
  • Full Bridge
  • Wall Walk Bridge
  • Wall Rotation Bridge

From zero to hero progressions are part of StrongFirst RESILIENT special event based on Pavel's teaching that I developed for StrongFirst. Different drills may unlock the bridge for different people; on the other hand, some regressions may be very useful for folks who can already do full bridge. Here is the list of the drills we cover at StrongFirst RESILIENT:
  • The Spine Decompression Hang
  • SFG Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch
  • Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch with a Kettlebell Overhead
  • Hip Flexor/Quad Stretch
  • Rib Pull, Brettzel, Armbar, Bent Armbar
  • SFL T-Spine Extension Drill
  • Cobra & Cat Stretch
  • Elevated Catch Stretch
  • Loaded Lat Stretch and T- Spine Mobility Drill
  • Kneeling Wrist Stretches
  • Elevated Bridge
  • Full Bridge
  • Wall Walk Bridge
  • Wall Rotation Bridge

I know about this special event, but unfortunately I am not ready for it: my swing, get-up and gsq practice is new, 2-3 months with load and full drill (I do not count here the regressions that I did). So I do not qualify for the event.

A part of the drills listed above I know (at least, the way they should be performed). But most of them are completely unknown for me. Is there a source besides the manual?

Since the moment I posted this I have found a progression from Paul Wade (Convinct Conditioning), but that is more geared towards strength and I do not know if it is right or not.

@Marius_Lefter , no, there is no other source - this is the progression and drills I have developed form many, many sources.

My recommendation is:

- focus on S&S for time being
- purchase Pavel's Super-Joints book and Jon Engum's Flexible Steel book and add the joint mobility routine to your daily training
- the bridge progressions from Convict Conditioning are pretty good - give it a shot.

@Marius_Lefter , no, there is no other source - this is the progression and drills I have developed form many, many sources.

My recommendation is:

- focus on S&S for time being
- purchase Pavel's Super-Joints book and Jon Engum's Flexible Steel book and add the joint mobility routine to your daily training
- the bridge progressions from Convict Conditioning are pretty good - give it a shot.

Will do just as prescribed, I have decided to work on the bridge once my working weight is anywhere between 24 to 32kg in the GU.

Right now I manage to do S&S 3-4 times/week, but my work program will clear up, so I will up the weekly sessions to at least 5.

Got Super Joints & Flexible Steel, will read them this week-end, then incorporate anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes of morning joint mobility routine. Hope to have the discipline of doing this :d.

Thank you!

Thanks for starting this thread. I had the exact same questions.

Should we follow the same rep/set scheme as Convict Conditioning for the bridge? I guess CC is geared towards a whole training session just on the bridge (and maybe another exercise), whereas we are using it as a corrective as part of a warmup.

Thanks for starting this thread. I had the exact same questions.

Should we follow the same rep/set scheme as Convict Conditioning for the bridge? I guess CC is geared towards a whole training session just on the bridge (and maybe another exercise), whereas we are using it as a corrective as part of a warmup.

Can't say - StrongFirst RESILIENT is a bit different: not only full bridge, but many drills leading to it, as well as other progressions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom