all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Gymnastic Rings

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JonS

Level 7 Valued Member
I'm considering purchasing a set of rings, and see there two diameter options: 1.11" (FIG) and 1.25". Anyone have any experience with the differences?

I'm considering purchasing a set of rings, and see there two diameter options: 1.11" (FIG) and 1.25". Anyone have any experience with the differences?
I don't know if there is an official answer on rings, but you are only talking 1/8" difference. Probably inconsequential. If anything the larger diameter might be a very slight more of a grip challenge, but only marginally so.

Thanks gents. I found it curious to offer two sizes, so thought I'd pose the question. Larger size it is.

Good call. I love my gymnastic rings; they're quite possibly the best low-budget, low-tech portable workout equipment out there. Where are you buying yours from?

The smaller size seems to be the competition standard, while the larger size appears to be easier on some hands. This is from reading comments on amazon.com and following up a bit.

-S-

Got those chunky ROUGE rings, but recently bought some FIG rings on eBay, and I noticed that the FIG rings are more difficult. Less surface area to friction grip your wrists. They're just harder, but I like that. I'm trying to build up strength, and I feel like if I'm going to be strict about my progression, I ought to get the FIG standard. IMO.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom